stressed » taekook

little!taehyung (mental age 1-3)//caregiver!jungkook

requested by  SPICETAE + also, tae is 19 in this fic and kook is 21

enjoy! :)

~*~

When Jungkook closed the front door behind him after arriving home from work that night, he definitely knew something wasn't right.

The apartment was dead silent which was almost never a regular occurrence. (It was always filled with either Taehyung blasting girl group songs or trying to sing along to them really badly).

Jungkook wasn't oblivious, however. Taehyung was in his last year of college and had really important finals coming up next month and hadn't been in little space for a total of three days - 72 hours - which was his all time record.

And Jungkook was honestly worried.

He'd already finished college and was now working part-time at the local book store, coming home just a little later than Taehyung everyday so he would be able to look after him while he wasn't at college.

Of course, weekends were a different story, since Jungkook didn't work on weekends and Taehyung didn't need to go into college on a weekend, but the problem was it wasn't a weekend.

It was a flipping Wednesday, and Jungkook hadn't seen his baby boy since Sunday and he actually missed him.

"Tae?" Jungkook called out into the emptiness of the apartment, and sighed in relief when he heard a muffled groan come from their shared bedroom.

Toeing off his shoes, Jungkook kicked them under the shoe rack before jogging off to the bedroom, leaning against the doorframe and watching Taehyung for a moment.

He looked absolutely wrecked.

Mugs sat in one corner of the cramped desk, rings of dry coffee arising close to the rim of them, crumpled pieces of paper were overflowing from the bin in the corner of the room, some sheets even missing the bin and just sitting on the floor next to it.

And as for Taehyung, Jungkook honestly wanted to cry from seeing him looking so stressed.

"Baby, your finals aren't until next month," Jungkook reasoned, standing up from his place against the doorframe to walk over to Taehyung, bending over behind his chair and wrapping his arms around his neck from behind, resting his head on the younger boy's shoulder. "You're overworking yourself."

"I really need to get this stuff into my head, Kook," was all Taehyung said, not even looking up at him or removing his pen from his paper.

"Hm," Jungkook hummed softly, not amused. "Have you eaten?"

"I had a bowl of Cheerios for lunch - why?" Taehyung mumbled, turning the page and ignoring Jungkook's lips pressing kisses to his temple.

"I could make you Scribbles, baby; I know how much you like them," Jungkook suggested, lips still pressed against Taehyung's temple as he tried to tempt the boy into little space.

The 'Scribbles' Jungkook was talking about just so happened to be spaghetti that Jungkook shaped to look like wiggly lines, and the first time he'd served them to Taehyung, the little had squealed in delight "they look like scwibbles, Daddy!".

"Kook, I appreciate you trying to help me but these finals are really important. I can't be wasting any time," Taehyung pried Jungkook's arms off of him, clicking his neck from left to right before getting back to work.