cuddles » taejin

little!taehyung (mental age 2-5)//caregiver!seokjin (+ bts)

ok so this is sort of a part 2-ish to 'management' (that one where tae cut his hand) but i wanted to focus more on the taejin aspect of it as i feel there aren't many taejin fics out there :)

~*~

"Daddy, paci," Taehyung mumbled around the wet fabric of his t-shirt that he had been chewing on for the past two minutes.

"What do we say, love?" Seokjin asked, reaching over to the coffee table for Taehyung's dummy.

"Pwease, Daddy," Taehyung answered, eyes glued to the TV and the movie they were watching.

"Good boy," Seokjin praised. "Open, baby."

Taehyung opened his mouth without looking at Seokjin, immediately sucking the dummy into his mouth as Seokjin kissed his temple lovingly.

Seeing as the seven of them had a day off today, the other five decided to go out into the town since some new stores had been built that they were all interested in. Truth be told, Seokjin did want to go with them, but he noticed Taehyung looking a little down and confused so he decided to investigate.

He discovered that Taehyung was starting to feel little, but didn't want to be a burden to anyone. Seokjin told Taehyung that it was no problem for him at all to look after Taehyung, and gave Jungkook some money to buy him (Seokjin) and Taehyung anything he thought they would like.

And, to be honest, Seokjin was rather pleased with his choice to stay home with Taehyung, as the younger was being extra cute and small today. They were watching Minions which, honestly, Seokjin didn't find very interesting, but he liked seeing his baby boy happy and enjoying himself.

The blanket they were curled up under kept both of them warm on top of the cuddles they were engaging in.

The front door opened quietly and voices could be heard, which Seokjin knew were the boys since he could hear Hoseok's boisterous laughter above the rest.

"Hey, guys," Jimin greeted. "Hyung."

Seokjin leaned his head back over the armrest and smiled at the younger as Jimin began to walk over to the couch.

"Hi, baby," he whispered, leaning down to kiss Taehyung's forehead, not receiving any response from the younger.

"He really likes this movie," Seokjin whispered, and Jimin looked at the TV.

"I can tell," Jimin chuckled.

The others filed in shortly after removing coats and shoes, all of them cooing at Taehyung's unresponsive state.

"Baby, look who's here," Seokjin whispered, pausing the film and looking up at the other members, Taehyung following suit. "Are you going to say hi?"

"Hewwo," Taehyung said quietly, waving at the other five and Seokjin kissed his temple again.

"He's feeling a bit littler than usual today," Seokjin said. "Aren't you, baby?"

"Daddy, the movie," Taehyung mumbled behind his dummy as he looked up at Seokjin but pointed to the TV. "Pwease."

"Of course, honey," Seokjin pressed play and let the movie resume. "Let go of me for a bit so I can make you lunch, baby."

Taehyung did as he was told but not without holding his arms out for a bit and whining. Hoseok swiftly took Seokjin's place, cuddling Taehyung close to his chest and kissing all over his face.

"You're a really good caregiver, Hyung," Jungkook commented when he and Seokjin were in the kitchen. "I honestly don't think I would be able to talk to Taehyung like you do."

"I think you would be good at it, Kookie," Seokjin replied, tossing some chicken nuggets onto a tray and setting the timer for ten minutes. "Taehyung honestly isn't fussed with who's looking after him as long as he gets cuddles."

"Do you think I could have a day to look after him?" Jungkook asked, seeming a bit nervous as Seokjin noticed.

"Of course," Seokjin smiled at the youngest. "He's always well-behaved, and if he isn't then I can just punish him."

Seokjin said that as if it was no big deal, but Jungkook just couldn't fathom the idea of punishing his hyung. Wouldn't that be disrespectful when Tae was big and realised Jungkook had spanked him or something?"

"You look bothered by that idea," Seokjin chuckled, noting Jungkook's beet red face. "Don't worry, Kook, I'll teach you one day."

~*~

taehyung is the cutest little don't argue with me