• chapter | seven { Surprised Guest } •

A Week Later...

Jacquees

"Listen Que, Cassandra is fine. You need to worry bout this show this weekend. You barely rehearse because your worried sick about Cassandra when she fine! Tameka's there with her." Jarvis said groaning as he turned on the sound track beat.

"Man Cassandra barely even like Tameka! I'm just worried bout her because thats my baby. He already caused enough abuse to her and I don't want to lose her again because he'll be more strict knowing that she'll try to contact me. Then he wants Malaya. I already lost them for 2 years which crushed me, and I'm not trynna lose them again."

"What about the shows man?! What about the money?!"

"FUCK ALLAT! I HAVE ENOUGH FOR ME AND MY FAMILY TO LIVE OFF OF FOR SOME YEARS AND THAYS ALL THAT MATTERS!" I yelled. "I don't care about nothing else besides my family." I said sitting down looking at the picture of Cassandra that was on my phone.

"Come on Que, you know for a fact Cassandra wouldn't want you stressing over this. Especially when it comes down to you off track with ya career. Do this for them." Borris said.

He was right. I know Cass would want me focused right now but I'm trying to make sure she's safe.

This whole week has been stressful for me. I haven't been to rehearsals for the show this Saturday or anything. I'm just close to just canceling the whole thing and staying home so I can protect my wife.

"Jac come on, think about it. We need this money." Borris said.

"Yuh man that's a couple thous right there." Jarvis added.

"Aight man, come on." I said giving in so that they would leave me the hell alone. "But before allat, lemme call my wife and make sure she's good."

"YOU JUST GOT OFF FACETIME WITH HER!" Jarvis said taking my phone out my hand and stuffed it in his pocket. I rolled my eyes. He handed me the mic. "Now go," he said pointing in the auditorium.

"Fine, and if Cassandra calls, y'all better answer. Dead ass." I said pointing at them and walked in the room seeing the dancers practicing to one of my songs.

Cassandra

Tameka and I were on the couch eating some hot wings from Wingstop and I was on FaceTime with Beverley.

I know i don't like her as much, but when your home alone and need someone to physically talk to, I don't have a choice.

"Fuck my fucking mouth burning." Tameka said and I laughed watching her continue to eat her wings.

"You need to slow down." I told her.

"How are the kids doing?" Beverley asked. I looked back at her from licking my fingers.

"They're fine. It's kinda hard for them adjusting to Jacquees's Parents home daily. Especially Kaylin. Shes so use to laying with her mommy and daddy and hearing her daddy's voice and being spoiled by him." I cooed smiling. "How's my Landon doing and Lance?" I asked questioning her about her family.

"They're actually gone right now. Yeah, Lance brought Landon to the lake for some fishing wit Lance's friends. You know me boo, I don't do the water. Specially a low ass boat." I laughed shaking my head.

Ding Dong!

I looked at Tameka and she got up walking to the door. I looked back at Bev.

"Damn, what kind of company y'all got?" Beverley asked.

"Girl, ion even kno." I said looking at Tameka.