• chapter | six •

Cassandra

"I'm sorry all of this is happening to you Cassandra. I really wish you and Jacquees the best of luck at that house and don't worry, the babies are in good hands." Jacquers's mother said rubbing my shoudker.

I sighed looking out the window. "I'm .. I'm ready to go, Que?" I looked around the living room and he wasn't around. "Jacquees!" I called getting up.

I looked outside seeing him talking to his father. I sat back down and looked at Kaylin who was still sleeping. I looked at Malaya and she was looking at her iPad.

Aiden was playing a game on Jacquees's phone next to me. I ran my hand through his little curls and kissed his forehead.

"Remember what I said baby, take care od your sisters." I reminded him and he looked at me.

"How long do we have to stay here?"  He asked.

I shrugged shaking my head. "I don't know baby but I'm going to call you guys every day. Be good for grandma and grandpa okay?" He nodded his little head again. My baby boy was 5 years old. He's getting so big I wish he would slow down.

"Hey, you ready?" Jac asked coming back in the house followed by his father. I nodded standing up and went kiss Kaylin. She moved around on her sleep a little and I then went pick up Malaya kissing her and holding her tightly.

"Oww mommy!" She squealed and I let her go putting her down.

"Sorry baby I just .. I'm really going to miss you." I said and put strands of her curly hair behind her ear. 

"Is Daddy going to come see me while I'm hwere?" She asked.

"I'm going to be with mommy baby." Jacquees answered.

"No not you daddy. My other daddy." She said looking back at me. My eyes widened a little.

She was talking about Nicholas. That took me off guard real quick.

"Oh my god.." I heard Mama B say. I sighed looking away at Jacquees and he kneeled down sitting Malaya in his lap.

"Listen princess, your other daddy isn't coming here okay? We want you and your brother and sister to stay here with grandma and grandpa because we have to do something. If your daddy comes here, I want you to go and hide alright? Tell grandma and pawpaw, and hide. Don't go near him, okay? Even if your playing outside." Jac informed her.

"Why, I love him." She whined.

I shook my head breaking down crying. I hate that this has to happen. Malaya is a huge daddy's girl. Even though she knows Jac is her dad, she knows her real father is Nicholas. She asks me about him all the time and all I could say is that he was busy with work.

Of course she's going to miss him because he hasn't hit her so she doesn't know his angry side other than seeing it. But knowing Malaya, she forgot all about that.

Mama Broadnaux helped me up and walked me to the kicthen. I sat at the island continuing to cry. She held her close to her.

"I know, I know. It hurts, I know." She said

Jacquees

"Why is mommy crying?" Malaya asked me.

I don't want to tell Malaya every little detail because she's only 2 years old. Going to be 3 soon, but you know.

It hurts Cassandra every time that Malaya ask about Nicholas. It hurts me too but I have to be strong for the both of us.

"Mommy's just sad that we have to leave you guys here. We're going to visit you guys and call daily okay?"

She nodded. "And I'll get ice cream?!" Ice cream is her favorite snack.

I laughed kissing her cheeks. "Yeah baby, you'll get ice cream." I said. "I'm going check on mommy, be good for paw paw and mawmaw okay?"

"Okay daddy." She said and hugged my neck. "I love you."

I grinned. "I love you more Princess." I said letting her go and she went back playing on her iPad my parents got for her.

I kissed Kaylin and then hugged and talked to Aiden for a bit.

After my conversation with Aiden, I went go the kitchen seeing Cassandra wiping her eyes.

"Hey, you good?" I asked her and she looked at me and nodded. I pulled her into my arms and she started crying again.

•  •

Out of everybody ,this is hitting Cassandra the hardest. She had to deal with his good side and abusive side.

She knows everything about him. I know she still has some feelings for him but she doesn't like to express them because she doesn't like the feeling of talking about him after the pain he caused on her.

I support her every step of the way and I'm here to help her dissipate away from those feelings. Show she what she has now.

•   •

"I'm ready." She said lifting her head and I kissed her lips. I looked at my mom and hugged her and she hugged back.

"Be safe Jac." She told Jacquees and I nodded. 

"Yes mam." I responded and then wrapped my arm around Cassandra's waist. "Lets go baby, Borris nem probably waiting for us at the house." I told her.

"Bye Mrs. Broadnaux, thank you so much." Cass said.

"Your welcome baby, and we got them." She replied and Cassandra and I left heading home.

_______________

Malaya Missing Nicholas ..

Do You Think Jacquees and Cassandra Bringing The Kids To Jacquees's Parents' House Will Keep Them Safe? 😕

Comment Your Thoughts. 🌷