Chapter 49 { Confronting }

Cassandra

I knocked on the door and sighed looking at Kaylin in her seat. She was looking at the door and her teething toys.

The door opened and my mom appeared on the other side. She had her favorite cooking spoon in her hand. I know she's cooking up a good meal.

"Hey baby!" She smiled looking at Kaylin. Kaylin smiled. She loved her grandma so much. She looked up and her smile instantly dropped.

I stepped to the side a little letting her get a full look at Tati. "Cassandra what is she doing here? I don't want her here." My mom said through her teeth pointing the spoon at Tati.

"Oh please MAMA, I'm your daughter why at you acting like this?" Tati asked. My mom looked at me then back at Tati.

"Leave, now." My mom told her.

"I --"

"No! Mama why haven't you told me that Tati was my sister? Why did you and daddy send her away? Why would you keep this from me all these years?" I started tearing up a little.

My mom sighed looking around, "C-Come in. Both of you." She said walking in the house and we followed. We sat on the couch and my mom walked to the kitchen. I picked Kaylin up out her seat and sat her next to me. She held onto the couch and stood up.

I can't wait until she's starts standing on her own without holding onto anything.

My mom came back in the living room and sat across from the both of us.

"Mamaaa!!" Kaylin screamed hitting my shoulder. I looked at her and kissed her cheek.

"Now, I didn't want this to be like this but Cassandra its true, Tati is your sister." My mom said.

"Mom I know everything already. Why did you let daddy send Tati away to Cali wit Auntie Jay? And the worst part is, you never told me about her. Y'all always told me she was my cousin. People would ask if we were sisters and I told them we weren't!" I cried.

My mom started crying as well.

"Cassandra I'm sorry! At the time, we couldn't take care of the both you of together. It was hard. He started cheating and we just started going on and off with each other. We would call Tati all the time until she started getting into trouble and Gabe didn't want to call her anymore."

"How?!" She looked away.  "Mom we were born into the wealthy life!"

She couldn't say anything.

"I don't know why you sitting here like your so good anyways. I still didn't forget what you did." My mom said looking at Tati.

I frowned galncing at Tati and she rolled her eyes looking away. "Wait what are you talking about?"

"Oh, she didn't tell you.." My mom said smirking still looking at Tati.

"Mom .. don't .." Tati said.

"No no no tell me what's going on." I said.

"When Tati was younger, she lied and told the cops that her father and I use to beat her until she couldn't move." My mom said fighting her tears.

I looked at Tati. "Is that true?" Tati looked at the floor.

Kaylin started whining grabbing my sleeve and climbed in my lap. I laid her on me and rocked her to sleep.

"I only did it because it was true!" She spat back.

"WHEN? WHEN DID IT HAPPEN! YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT HERE IN ATL IN YEARS TATI, HOW DARE YOU LIE?! THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD DOESN'T EVEN LOOK AT ME THE SAME!" My mom cried. Her face was red and everything. "You got pregnant numerous of times, never told us. You aborted them all. You're an evil woman, I don't want you here!"

"GOOD, I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE ANYMORE! I HATE YOU, I'M GLAD YOU AND DAD SENT ME TO CALIFORN --"

SLAP! 💥

My mouth dropped as my mom slapped Tati across the face. Tati held her red cheek.

"Get the hell out of my house. Your nothing but a disrespectful bitch! Just because your married that man he DOESN'T EVEN LOVE YOU, you think your better than everybody. The way you carry yourself I don't know how he wants to be with you. Wish you was just like Cassandra sometimes.."

"Of course you do. YOU ALWAYS DID! You wanted every one to be like Cassandra. Like really? She's married to a nigga that make millions of dollars! WHY YOU AIN'T FUSSING HER?!"

"Okay hollup, You guys just stop! YOUR NOT FRIENDS YOUR MOTHER AND DAUGHTER! YOU SHOULDN'T BE FUSSING AND ARGUING OVER PETTY ASS STUFF!" I yelled. I hate when family argue.

Especially like this.

"I don't want to EVER see you again.." My mom told Tati and Tati wiped her glossy eyes.

"Tati.." I went to touch her arm ans she pushed her hand off me.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled and got up and stormed out the house. I sighed.

"I'm sorry baby. I just .. I really can't deal with her sometimes." My mom said.

"Mom I hope you guys can just work it out somehow." I begged kissing Kaylin's forehead.

"Baby I don't know if that can ever happen again. I tried, many of times." She said. "And I don't want you around her either. She's a sneaky ungrateful woman. Trust me. She's all nice and everything right now but once she get use to you, it won't be all fun and games anymore. She'll start changing on you and everything."

"Jacquees got a bad feeling about her too. She doesn't get why she's just around right now ever since he got shot recently." I explained.

"Just keep your eyes open Cass, just keep your eyes open." She informed me and got up. "Now go lay my grandbaby down and come get something to eat."

I laughed doing as she said.

~

I hope mama and Tati can get along. The way they're talking, they might not. Maybe this is a sign for me to stay away from her.

Tati

I got in the uber and wiped my tears. I don't know how much longer I can take neither of these people.

____________________

What Do You Think Cassandra Could Do?

Comment Your Thoughts. 🌷