Chapter 46

Cassandra

I sighed rubbing my hands together and paced back and forth through the waiting room. I've been doing this for the past 2 hours. Jarvis, Jordan, and Borris just say there because I didn't want to be bothered with anyone right now.

I really hope the bullets weren't severe.

Who would do this?

At this show? Like really? It could've been anywhere else, but his show.

The media is already going crazy with Jacquees's shooting and videos are going all over the place. My phone is blowing up, Jacquees's phone is blowing up, the gang's phones are blowing up.

I turned mines completely off just to ignore them.

I know Jarvis and Borris got in touch with the fam already. They're just as worried like the rest of us.

~

"Yo, who do y'all think would do this?" Borris asked breaking the silence.

I shrugged shaking my head.

"It all happened so fast , nobody seen it coming. He wad about to close out then boom, it happened." Jarvis said with hand motions.

I looked down the hall seeing a doctor. I don't know if he's coming to us but I hope he is with some good news.

"Family of Jacquees Broadnaux?" Borris, Jarvis, and Jordan stood up.

"How is he doc? Is he going to make it?" I asked nervously.

"Well .. I don't know how, but he's doing to fine. He just needs time to heal and allow this body to just rest. Don't let him be up at long periods of time or anything. Here's his medication. He should take these every 4 hours." He explained and continued talking about Jacquees's body.

"So can we see him?" I asked.

"Well not right now. They're almost finish with some test and we'll let you guys know when you can go back there and see him."

We thanked him and he walked away. A huge sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

Jarvis pulled me close to him and I started crying. They were tears of joy, of course. My husband is going to make it. He's getting another chance at life and I'm super thankful.

I really thought Jacquees wasn't going to make it because of his hard recovery with the accident and everything. It scared me.

"I knew it. He's a trooper, I knew he was going to make it." Borris said joining the hug. So did Jordan.

"But listen I'm not letting this slide. I'm going to look at some cameras from the stage and try to see if we can get anything. I'm not letting this go," Jarvis said.

I pulled away from the hug. "Jarvis don't tell me your going to do what I think your going to do.."

"Lil sis, I love you but that shit ain't sitting right with me! Jacquees is sitting in the bed right now from two life threatening bullets! I'm going to get revenge."

~

We walked in Jacquees's room. He was awoke, watching the TV above him. 

"Omgg baee!!" I squealed crying again and softly kissed his lips. "How are you feeling? Is anything else hurting? Omg I'm so glad your okay!"

"Cassandra baby, I'm good." He said laughing a little. I sighed rubbing his cheek.

"Jacquees you don't remember seeing anybody or anything suspicious?" Borris asked.

"Yeah something we can work with." Jordan added.

"Well .. I was onstage and I seen 2 women in the front row. Now I know there's alot of women and everything but they weren't cheering or anything. I barely seen their faces, it was weird."

I frowned. "That is weird.." I said.

"I'm about to call up Daniel and call him for some footage and see if we can get to figure this shit out. I'm about to head out and get a uber, ima see y'all later." Jarvis said dapping the boys and hugged me and Jordan.

"Goodnight Jar," I said watching him leave out.

I looked back at Jacquees seeing he was wiping his eye. He sniffed and I noticed a tear drop from his hand.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked kissing his other hand.

"We gon' leave y'all alone. Come on baby. Let's go to the vending machine." Borris said

Jordan smacked her lips. "Borris you been spending your money on that damn machine all evening!"She fussed getting up.

I laughed and he smacked her ass and they walked out.

I turned back to Jacquees, "Quees, what's wrong?" I asked.

He sighed. "I'm just .. just thankful that I'm here. You know? I would be leaving you here with the kids by yaself." He said.

"Jacquees baby I'm thankful you here too. And I can take care of the kids by myself baby. You know I'm strong. The kids aren't any problem or anything." I said and he grinned.

"I know. It was just scary. I was laying there and the first thing I thought about was y'all. I didn't think I was going to make it, honestly."

"Me either Jac. Ever sincr your accident and everything, I became scared." I confessed.

"Well no need to be scared anymore baby because I'm coming home. Give me some time and I'll be back to normal."

I smiled. "I love you." I said sitting up.

"I love you more. Give me kiss," I leaned in pecking his lips. He deepened the kids and I giggled pulling away.

"I'll go find your doctor and ready them your ready to come home." I said getting up.

"Aight. Tell Bor nem to come in if you see them." I nodded walking out Jacquees's room going find his doctor.

Jacquees

I'm glad to be alive. Whoever did this is going to pay. I'm going to make sure of that my damn self.

I know it's going to take some time from getting back healed and that means I get to spend more time with my family. I'll squeeze in some time for my music but I also want to use this "bed rest" time with my family.

Getting this third chance at life showed me that I'm still here for a reason.

I love Cassandra. I know I married the right woman. She's my everthing and always by my side. I can count on her for anything. She's a great motherand wife and I can't ask for anyone better.

If grandma wad still alive, she would love Cassandra. 

_______________

Comment Your Thoughts. 😝