Chapter 1

Mitch sat in the pouring rain shivering and looked around nervously. He got up finding a piece of cardboard and hid under it. He was covered with dirt and grime.. not even the rain could clean the layers of dirt. He wore rags he found on the streets to keep warm.... Mitch was the lookout for the pair.... he couldn't let anything happen to his best friend.

She started coughing hard and Mitch ran back into the alleyway where they stayed.

"Mitch...?" She cried out.

"Kirst it's okay... I just went out to stand guard. I'm back.." Mitch helped her turn onto her side so she breathe a little better.

She gasped and coughed but eventually calmed down. Mitch tucked her in with newspapers trying to keep her warm. She laid underneath their small cardboard hut.

Mitch sighed and played with her long ratted hair. She was very sick from the cold and she had been for a couple of weeks.... every day she got worse and Mitch was scared... He stole medicine for her and food from stores to help  but nothing helped her....

Kirstie laid looking at him weakly "Don't worry Kirstie... the choosing ceremony is tomorrow a-and I'll go and maybe someone will like me.... and I will bring them back to you and they will help us Kirst... maybe they'll be nice.. a pack that won't hurt us..." Mitch said holding her hand.

"K-k-keep.... d-d-dreaming... all alphas... h-hurt or r-rape Omegas" She stuttered and shivered.

"I know we've been in bad packs but you need serious help Kirstie you've been sick for weeks... so I will go tomorrow and you stay here.... I'll cover you with trash so you won't be noticed and I'll be fast..." Mitch said

"P-promise not t-to leave me...? P-promise not to go to a p-pack without me.....?" She said coughing again.

"I promise Kirst... I won't leave you..." He said squeezing her hand and crying into her stomach.

He prayed someone would accept both of them. He prayed someone could accept them. Some pack that could heal her. A pack that could rescue them.

The next day

Avi and his small pack walked through the crowds scanning all the people.

"None of these Omegas seem right for us... we can't go to the house empty handed. We already have two Alphas and a beta... we need someone different" Avi said.

"What about that one of there sir?" Kevin said pointing at a girl.

"No I can smell her.. she's a beta" Avi said.

Avi was the lead Alpha in charge of the pack and very very powerful. Avi had every quality of an Alpha as well as looking very intimidating. He had a beard and he rarely smiled. Scott was the second Alpha and was very helpful to Avi, his tallness often intimated people. The two of them were best friends and very strong confident Alphas. Kevin was one of the highest ranked betas in the world and extremely smart. They had all been a pack for a year and had everything but an omega...

Scott grabbed Avi's arm "Look at that one..."

"He's covered in dirt.. poor little guy..." Kevin said

Mitch stood in his rags extremely uncomfortable from all the looks he was getting. Avi sniffed the air "He's a boy omega. Let's go talk to him a little"

Mitch saw the great tall Alphas approaching and lowered his head.

"Hey there little guy... what's your name?" Avi asked.

"Mitchell but I like M-Mitch.." he whispered softly.

"How adorable.." Scott gushed at the small boy

Mitch smiled a little feeling slightly safer but he was unsure.