Chapter 29

There was only one worker here and it was a Beta... there was only one person left because there was only one omega.

Kirstie.

Was that only omega...

All the Alphas had left to go home to their packs... and lets face it the danger was gone, the war ended, and Zema were killed.

"Hey sweetie.... it would really help if you tried to tell me your name.... it's been 6 months and i still don't know who you are... if you tell me it could help your Alpha's find you" She said

Kirstie shook her head and looked out the window.

"Can we try writing it again today....?" She asked

Kirstie nodded and walked to the table they went to everyday. The betas name was Chelsea and everyday Chelsea would try to get her to spell her name but of course... Kirstie can't spell....

Chelsea handed her the paper and a blue marker.

Kirstie stared at the paper rubbing her head trying to think.

"Here I got a hold of something that could work!" She said getting something out of a bag.

She laid down a mat with the alphabet on it "can you point to at least the first letter in your name?" Chelsea asked

Kirstie stared at the alphabet. She tried thinking really hard with her first lesson with Miss Carissa.... she remembered singing the alphabet with her and sounding each letter out....

She remembered getting to C and asking Carissa if that's what Kirstie's name started with. Carissa had explained to her that Kirstie's named started with a K and showed her how to write it.

Kirstie searched the alphabet that looked like the one Carissa showed her.

Chelsea watched anxious and excited. Kirstie found it and pointed. Chelsea gasped excited

"K!!! Good job sweetness!!! Good job this is going to help!!" Chelsea said.

Kirstie gave her a confused look.

"Well your not the only omega who got lost in the sickness. They sent a list of all Omegas out there that are still missing from packs and their Alphas are sent the list to find which bunk number they are in..... but since I don't know your name I can't list where you are" she said typing stuff into her computer.

"Alright sweetie try figuring out the second letter" Chelsea said

Kirstie looked and saw the I pointing and Chelsea gasped. "Ki! " she looked at her laptop she had pulled out. "Is your name Kirstin?!" She said hopefully

Kirstie nodded slowly and Chelsea jumped up cheering "oh my gosh!! Thank go! Kirstin I'm so so so so proud"

Chelsea ran hugging her and Kirstie pushed her away a little frightened.

"Kirstin your pack is going to come for you!!!" She said excited.

Kirstie looked down a little sad.... she missed them so much.... she's been so lonely.... she felt guilty... she felt guilty for thinking they weren't even searching for her....

She had been alone for so long.... she felt forgotten...

She knew they had been at war.... and it was her own fault she couldn't speak... something changed her.. Chelsea said the proper word was traumatized.

She was traumatized from being torn away from her pack, she was traumatized from the war, she was traumatized from the Zema, she was traumatized from seeing Tori and others dead, she was traumatized from being separated from Mitch, she was traumatized from being by herself.