Chapter 40

"Ah, central headmaster, it's nice to see you again."

The cold voice belonged to a man with one of the most beautiful robes to belong in existence. His crystal blue robe was adorned in many blue spirit gems for beauty, and gold lining for the classification of rank.

The sleeves of the mystical clothing hid the arms of the man, but small, blue glints of gems shone out of the darkness of the shadows.

The man smiled one almost similar to the creatures earlier, but not as wide an unnatural. He opened his arms in a welcoming way while a man adorned in green robes slowly appeared behind the first man.

The one in green robes had the same design, but instead of blue gems, the man in green rides had green ones instead.

"Its nice to see you again too, water elite." Headmaster said as happily as he could. The headmaster Was giving off an uneasy aura, The presence of the two elites bother both him, and Emma.

They shook hands as the earth elite stood behind them, watching with a careful eye.

"I believe Emma is with you, yes?" The earth elite asked with disgust. Emma shot him a nasty glare before dropping her gaze. Disrespecting any elite was a small punishment, but still a guilt that hangs over your head.

Emma stepped away from headmaster and David, the blue haired male whispering her name before watching her approach the two elites.

"In right here, it's an honor to be invited to sit with you during the trials." She said. David let out a gasp as he heard her words, and this even shocked the headmaster a bit. The water elite smiled, his white teeth glinting.

"Yes, I'm assuming your friends didn't know?" He said with a disturbing chuckle. The brunette nodded, her eyes trying to avoid him at all costs.

"What she said is true central headmaster, we have invited her to sit with us during the trials to honor her fallen father, a great warrior back then."

A memory flashed in Emma's eyes of one of her happy moments with him. She didn't grieve amymore; for the tears for him had long since dried, but she still felt a bit of saddmess whenever she remembered the sour memories.

She but her lip as she waited for what to do.

"The northern headmaster would like to see you, central. He wants to discuss with you about the attacks a few months ago with the eastern headmaster." Emma's headmaster nodded, his black and white eye staring into Emma's grey ones with an apology waiting to be said.

The grey-eyed girl nodded to him, a small, reassuring smile on her face. Headmaster walked past everyone and began to walk through the white marble halls.

All that was left was two elites and two students.

"David, I have chosen you because of your amazing talent in water and healing magic, so I hope you don't disappoint me." The water elite said. He turned on his foot and began to walk away, the earth elite following close behind.

The man in the green cloak turned his head around for a quick second, a nasty scowl on his lips. David jumped back and looked away, trying to get away from the dark aura he held.

Once the elites left, another dragon began to circle the sky around the northern academy. The two dragons from before shot up into the sky, flying right beside the dragon.

They all came down gracefully, landing right beside Emma and David.

Three riders in total jumped off the dragons, one for each elemental beast. The two from earlier walked right past Emma and David and continued to go through the white walled maze, while the dragon rider that just arrived stopped to look at his competition.

The boy had Brown hair, and his eyes were an exremely white and Brown mixture. He first looked at David with a weary eye, staring him down for any visible weakness, but found none. He then looked at Emma, and a small smile played at his lips.

He walked up to the two, a friendly feeling surrounding him.

"Hey there! I'm Bailey, an earth and light user." He said. David grew a bit stiff, Emma giving him a strange look before giving a smile to Bailey. A friend was good during a competition, it could mean a better chance at David winning.

And not losing half his mana.

"I'm Emma." She introduced herself. "And this is David, a water user."

David looked at Bailey with no intention of friendship in mind, but he had to go along with Emma's plans.

The blue haired male gave Bailey a nod before shaking his hand. It was a start at least. Emma smiled at the two's stiffness, the weight of the competition getting under their skin.

Or was it something else?

"Emma, what element user are you?" Bailey asked in a polite manner. Emma shook her head, pointing to her eyes.

"In not here for the competiton, I'm a grey eyes, and I'm just here to watch." She said with a smile. Bailey's eyes widened as he came closer to Emma, his light brown eyes liking directly into Emma's grey ones.

"Grey eyes are hard to find now, you might be powerless, but your a gem none the less." He said while staring directly in Emma's grey eyes. Emma sweatdropped, the close capacity of a stranger in her face a bit unsettling. She mentally cried out a bunch of ways to get him away, but she just couldn't get herself to say anything.

Just then, David grabbed Bailey's shoulder and tugged him away, a hateful gleam in his eyes. Baliey didn't look at David, but rather stared at Emma the whole time.

"Do you know your way around here Bailey? We sorta don't know where to go." Emma tried to change the topic, the unsettling feeling being replace once again with a friendly, but tense one. Bailey nodded.

"I do, but your going to have to follow me for a bit, if you don't mind." He said with a wink. Emma mentally cursed as she felt the disgust for him pile up in her gut, but she needed to find where she was staying.

"Then lead the way."