Chapter 110

Dragons were being knocked out of the sky by the winged reborns, the riders on their backs plummeting to the ground and being ripped to shreds like paper. Zevar was doing his best to take out as many of the flying reborns as possible, but they seemed to be coming out of the army like ants, the creatures stopping at nothing.

The white dragon growled in frustration as he tried to find Latharius, but he was quickly knoked off guard when a winged reborn had latched onto the glittering white scales of Zevar. In an arial display, the male dragon flew up higher in the sky, only to turn his back towards the ground and begin plummeting to the surface.

However, the reborn seemed to notice the dragons plan, and attempted to fling itself off the dragon, but Zevar held the reborn with his claws, turning his body so his belly faced the earth. With one final cry, the reborn was crushed into the earth.

Heads from the approaching army turned to see the white dragon smashing through their ranks, Zevar tearing off heads by biting and slashing his claws with breakneck speeds. The dragon was attempting to make his way towards Latharius, but the ranks of reborns seemed to intensify the more he tried. With a flap of his wings, Zevar had once again taken up to the sky for a better advantage.

Zevar was annoyed at the countless attempts he had tried to reach Latherius, but the reborn leader was too well protected by his powerful minions.

"You must fight them with your own army." A voice in his mind had made him realize what he was going wrong the whole time, he had an army beside him the whole time, one his chosen had gathered by just being in their presence. Dragons and riders alike would have to gather up in order to stop these creatures, and that's just what Emma had hinted to Zevar in that whisper.

The girl that had awoken him was not gone, instead she was watching from his eyes, knowing that with everyone fighting together would they be able to beat the reborns. With a gush of hope, Zevar let out an earth-shaking roar, with one message that was sent to bonded as far as the land reached.

"Dragons and riders of the land, I call upon you and ask for your aid!"

And with this message, the battle seemed to freeze.

The reborns waited in a tense silence as they waited for something to change, and the dragons in the air stayed hovering as the message sank into their minds. The white dragon had once brought dragons and humans together, binding their souls in order to aid each other, and with this power, Zevar was planning on getting as much help as he could.

It was when the first few dragons appeared from the horizon did Zevar begin his attack again. He knew his support was coming, and with this fact a new sense of determination set thought the dragon. Elements from the surrounding dragons were shot from the sky, lighting up the battle field in a series of colours. Zevar had once pulled up from the battle only to watch Comet tear through the army like a boulder, the silver dragons sheer size killing the reborns on contact.

With the aid of the other dragons, a path towards Latharius was opening, and Zevar took his chance to dive from the sky and head straight towards the leader. Doging flying limbs and knarling teeth, the dragon weaved through the few remaining flying reborns, his white teeth clinging onto Latharius's nearest limb. Zevar had successfully managed to break the defenses and lock his jaw on the leader reborns forearm. Latharius was having none of the dragons attacks, quickly flinging his arm to throw the white dragon off. Zevar buried his claws in the dirt to stop himself, and it seemed as if the battle around them had finally stopped. This was it, it was the end.

"I'm not surprised Emma decided to awaken you instead of taking my offer; the poor girl would have been able to live on with her friends of she had listened to me."