Chapter 93

David woke up with rage filling his veins, his friend had been stolen from him and the other's watch. David looked around the camp and saw that everyone was up and already searching for clues, Jasmine mumbling something about how they directed temselves South West from their area.

Peter was with David in seconds, bringing a water bottle to his lips. David mumbled a thank you before pushing the water away, his mind set on finding the girl with the solution to defeat the reborns. The blue haired male looked at Peter in the eyes, his hands wrapping around his friends shoulders in a warm hug.

"Dang it Peter, since when did you grow up so much?" Daivd asked as broke the hug. Peter's eyes shyed away from his face, his cheeks growing red. Peter stepped out of David's touch, screwing the bottle cap shut before answering.

"I never did." Peter laughed. Jasmine joined in on his chuckle, and soon David was too. They were so tense these past few days, something needed to change, but first they needed Emma. David saddled up on Aqua, watching as his companions also rode on their own dragons. That was when the water mage was missing from their ranks.

"Comet? Where is he?" David asked.

"He seemed to have followed Emma, although I'm not sure where he has gone from there." Jasmine stated. The female lead the lead as she used her tracking skills to find her friend, her neon yellow eyes stalking the faint clues the kidnapper had left behind.

They knew very little of where they were going, only seeing tree after tree as they traveled. After a few hours of wandering, the three could feel the hair on their necks stand, trying to escape danger.

°°°

The sun was high up in the sky when Emma hear a knock from the attic door, she scrambled to open it, and was greeted with the dark eyed male who so kindly kidnapped her.

"Now how'd you know it was me?" Noah asked with a grin. The girl rolled her eyes, wanting to point out that no one knocked on their own attic expecting an answer, but she immediately dismissed it when she saw the delicious cooked fish fillet placed in front of her. "Here, eat this, fresh off the grill with lemon and barley."

Noah also plopped a few water bottles on the side of the room, trying his best not to laugh when he saw Emma scarf down the fish. "Why so hungry? Looks like you haven't eaten in days."

"That's because I havent." She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Noah quickly raised his hands in defence of this snarky woman, crouching back down from the attic entrance. The girl made no move to stop him as he grabbed something else from his room, his fidgeting just asking for Emma to lean over the edge and peer at what he was doing. Noah quickly returned with some giant lamps and a bunch of batteries, finally something to light the room with.

"There, now you don't look like a golem hiding in a cave." The male teased. Emma didn't take his remark too kindly, slamming the attic door entrance on his fingers and latching it closed. He muffled a groan of pain as he slid his fingers out of the trap, mumbling a few curse words to himself.

And Emma waited as she slowly set up the lights one by one, finally bringing some light into her dark cave.

°°°

The trio of friends were stalking the path silently, the magic buzz from one too many spells becoming louder to an alarming noise. Jasmine made a croakomg noise when David stopped her by grasping the back of her shirt, his keen blue eyes spotting the creation of the annoying buzz.

A magic barrier stood in front of them, the surface of it looking completely normal. That's when a small raven decided to fly right against the surface, a crackle of magic and a small hiss had the bird retreating to the nearest tree in pain. David looked around his friends for any sign of an idea, but both Jasmine and Peter drawn up blanks.

"Do you think it extends under ground?" Jasmine asked.

"They all normally do, this one looks to be a full circle, how rare." David said in annoyance. He was ticked off with the minor setback that kept him separated from finishing their mission. What were they doing to Emma right now? Was she already dead? Were they torturing her? Thoughts filled with negativity fuled his anger, and he quickly punched the barrier with an exposed fist.

The barrier reacted as normal, blasting his hand off the surface with searing magical energy and a small shock. The male cursed, but he expected no other result to happen anyways. Peter allowed his hand to find his friends shoulder, trying to give some comfort to David.

"We should wait for someone to exit, that way we can use their opening to enter." Peter offered.

"But Emma could be gone by then, do you really think they would keep her alive after they used her?" David challenged. Peter flinched, causing the other males eyes to soften, "I'm scared Peter, if that was you or Jasmine in their, then I would want to get you out of there as soon as possible."

"Well there is no other way to get through the barrier, David. You must wait, just like I am." Peter said while heading over to his Dragon. His bonded laid in the forest a little ways away, intending to stay hidden just in case anyone dared to come out of the barrier. David look at the back of his friend and sighed, looking at Jasmine with question.

"I will say, Peter does have a point. Maybe you should listen to him a bit more." She offered. The male groaned in annoyance, leaving Jasmine for Aqua, who was too tucked away in the forest, just like Peter and Jasmine's dragons.

Aqua lifted her wing, offering David his usual warm place under her protection. As soon as his hands grazed her body, he felt relaxation take over him. He was tense, and Aqua was going to do all she could to help him for the next few days.

"You miss her." Aqua said with a while. David nodded, not saying anything anymore. "But do you know that more of your friends miss you?"

David didn't understand his dragons clever riddles, so he prodded her mind, only to be gently shoved out. "You must pay attention to the ones who surround you, my dear, for their emotions may be stronger than you think."

David allowed his eyes to close in an attempt to crack the code, only feeling how truly tired he was. It was like a trap, for even despite his best efforts, his eyes snapped shut before a few seconds of sight. He inhaled, if he needed sleep, than so be it.

"Emma is fine, she's been through many things, and knows how to escape the claws of evil pretty well." Aqua chuckled, thinking to the times Emma had ridden in her back, or the small memories David had shared of her. The Dragon nuzzled his face when his mind became steady, thoughts floating into the back of his mind, where sleep took over.