Chapter 80

Peter joined just after Jasmine and Emma's interaction, and he quickly hugged Emma while tickling the girl at the same time.

"Dang you little girl! Can't stay out of trouble for one day can you?" Peter laughed with Jasmine. He set the girl down when David made an appearance, stepping back as he watched his friend hug Emma lovingly.

"You gave me quite a scare after jumping from that window. I tried to follow you, but fate always been keeping me from the things I love." David said with a cheesy smile. Emma let out a laugh as David let go of her from the brief hug, looking at her friends and the dragons in the glade. A sunrise in the mental world was lighting up the corner of the sky, but the fireflies still flew around and shone their bioluminecent lights.

"I think...I know who has the book. There is a red head who is in the wild Dragon center of town. He brought his two dragons here one day and I had tumbled with them for a bit. He helps in the daycare, somewhere in the city. I plan to go and look after this conversation, but I'm afraid the reborns will come before I can discover what's written." Emma mumbled to her friends. They all had the thought run through there heads, but none commented on Emma's plan, so she continued. "I wanted to ask one of you if one of your dragons are willing to go with me."

The dragons heads perked up, looking at Emma with their different colored eyes. They all looked at each other, but before any argument could be made, Jole broke though the silence of the mental glade.

"I'll go. If I can help in any possible way, then I'll do the best I can." Joel said confidently. Emma gave the Dragon a warm smile, turning to Peter for approval. The boy chuckled.

"Always in for a little adventure I see. Go ahead." He hummed. Joel grinned as best as his maw could allow him, letting Emma send mental maps to the Dragon on where to locate the girl. The red dragon then disappeared from the glade, his body shattering into a million red fireflies that spread across the glade.

"I'll talk to you guys in about a few hours time then. Please, keep safe while we're gone." Emma said. Her friends hugged her one last time, Jasmine shattering in a yellow light, then Peter followed suit, winking at his best friend before leaving the mental glade. The two dragons also left, leaving just David and Emma to their comfortable silence.

"So, this is goodbye for now..." Emma mumbled, playing with her thumbs. David mumbled a 'yeah', following Emma into the awkward silence. Feeling a but bold now that she was alone, the girl confessed with a light blush.  "I'm going to miss you, a lot. I already do actually."

David was frozen as he watched the girl approach with a glimmer in her eyes. Emma pecked David on the nose, making the boy blush a deep red. She grinned, letting her hand rest on the boys cheek.

"I'll see you later." Emma said before leaving David in the glade. The girl returned to her body, which was resting on the tree that she had so hastily made in desperation. The distant wing beats told the girl that Joel was near, so she leapt off the tree, avoiding the spikes that dug into the aged wood. Joel crashed through the branches like a fireball, landing just inches away from where the girl was standing. Emma collapsed on her bottom, chucking as she did so.

When Emma climbed atop of Joel, the dragon let out a roar as his magic coursed through his veins. With three flaps of his mighty wings, he was once more off the ground, the earth leaving the two to the air as they began their journey. They flew close to the clouds, keeping a watchful eye for any reborns that could be close by.

They made it to the central city safely, a giant wall constructed of a heavy wood coated with slick ice that stood higher then the headmaster three story Dragon, making Joel feel small with his only a two story tall height. People were strolling through the town as if their lives weren't in danger, they even stopped to pause there waking to stare at Joel's ruby red scales.

The Dragon decended down from the sky with grace, landing in a less crowded area that could allow a dragons size to land. As soon and Joel's claws grazed the ground, Emma impatiently slipped off, making the dragon chuckle at her haste. The girl ran to the closest person she could see, her sudden appearance spooking the man as he gazed into her grey eyes.

"Excuse me," Emma began. "But do you know where I can find the wild Dragon center? I need to talk to someone there."

The man took some time to think, scratching his black hair as he tried to think of the place in the large city. "Aye, I think it's in the southern part of the city, below elders tavern. Hasn't been real busy lately though."

Emma nodded and thanked the man, pushing through the growing crowed that surrounded the red dragon. The city-folk all had small dragons, some the size of dogs, while others had dragons the size of hummingbirds.  Climbing on Joel, she whispered South to him and he jumped in the air, following his senses as he landed in the southern part of the city.

Here, the larger dragons were. They lounged on the heated roofs of house's, and all of them were roughly the sizes of horses or two, only half the size of Joel. The smaller dragons looked at Joel and Emma with immediate attention, but when they saw that Emma showed no sign of interest in them, they showed no interest in her in return.

The girl's eyes spotted the wild Dragon center immedaitly, and she didn't hesitate as she marched inside the building, the swirls of dark magic grinning at her from inside.