Chapter 106

The mountains were minutes away by dragon, and the air up in the north held more fragrance due to the rate blooming flowers growing on the harsh environment the mountains provided. It seemed as if the reborns had never come to the north, for there was no hint of death nearby, only the tall light purple and pink blooms of flowers that stood tall and proud over the green grass.

When the dragons made it to the base of the mountains, their wings whipped up the pollen into the air, causing Jasmines allergies to act up.

"I mean come on! My face is like a fountain now!" Jasmine said as she tried to wipe away her dropping nose and red eyes. As soon as they had encountered the first batch of flowers she had been showing signs of allergies, but now her face was leaking like a non-stop faucet, just waiting to burst.

"Be thankful there aren't any bees around~" Emma cooed in response. The girl huffed, sliding off her dragons and trekking the base of the mountain with the rest of the group. They had decided to allow their dragons to rest from the extra weight.

"Any idea what this weapon would look like?" David asked as he stretched his stiff limbs.

"It's supposed to be encased in stone, so maybe a cave, that's what I'm thinking." The grey eyed girl responded. They searched mountain after mountain for hours until they came across their final hour in the day, the sun dipping behind the shadows and allowing a cool wind to blow through the area. The dragons yawned as exaustion began to take over them, so Comet decided to place his rump on the ground with a thud, signifying that he wasn't moving anymore for the rest of the day. 

"Fine, let's make camp by the cliffs." Noah said as he climbed onto his dragon once more. Near the edge of one of the rocky mountains was a sheer cliff that protected them from the cold weather, perfect for fire. Although, there was only flowers to provide any burning material, so Peter kept a fire going on his hand. The flames didn't burn him so he didn't have to worry, but he was quickly becoming tired from the magic use.

Emma stuck a few chunks of meat into a stick and began roasting them over the fire to cook. The dragons were taking turns going about the mountains and finding their own food, sometimes bringing back a mountain goat or two for the group.

"We should find the weapon tomorrow, I'll wake everyone up a few minutes after sunrise." Emma yawned, taking one last bite of the meat before throwing the stick away. Peter snuffed his fire out and took an extra plate of meat from David, who's eyes were glued to Emma.

The girl had left the book from the headmaster inside a bag leaning by a nearby rock, and David's senses were practically inching him towards the words inside. Sure, he was always a book worm, but he also knew that Emma was hiding something from everyone. As soon as he saw the brunette curl up into Comet's wing he waited for everyone else to retire.

After Richard had left the group, David noticed that Noah had been feeling down, and the man couldn't blame him, for he had just lost a possibly close family member without knowing his fate. In fact, Noah had been quite quiet compared to his first talkative and loud introduction to David, and his silence was concerning. The black dragon let out a purr as it approached the shadow mage, It's marble black eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"So pal, Noah I mean, how does it feel to fly to be out of that dome? Refreshing I presume?" David asked with a smirk. Noah looked over to David with his dead black eyes and a straight face, slightly disturbing the water mage.

"My home wasn't bad, it was just lead by the wrong person. The air is surely nicer outside, though I do miss the things I left behind, being with my dragon is much better. I wouldn't wish to ever be separated from her ever again." Noah pet Spirit's scales as she leaned her head into his lap, her teeth gleaming as she gave him a smile. She was happy as was he.