Chapter 91

All the fear was gone between the friends, bringing back familiar and missed conversation into their brief moment. Peter had gathered some wood and started a fire to keep the atmosphere warm, and with his childish jokes, it was working.

"They found a fricken condom in the hallway! And what does this one kid do? He just picked it up and shoved it in his pocket! And there were these other kids who decided to breed the two phoenix together, and you know what-" Peter scrambled for his largely stuffed bag, pulling out a reinforced box. Inside was an egg, one of glistening gold with small blue flecks, there was also just a plain gold one in another box, but Peter had already laid claim to that one."I got a spare."

"You got a bird?! Are you nuts! Those things will burn your hair off in a matter of minutes!" Jasmine screeched. Peter brushed off her reaction and closed the box, placing it close to the fire.

"That's unless you train them Jasmine, but I'm no trainer, and I thought having two was a good idea, that was until I realized that David couldn't touch these things because of his affinity with water..." So with this, Peter held out the box to Emma, a smirk on his face.

"So what do you say? How about a pet phoenix?" Peter asked. Emma stared at the small box that was the size of her fist. Surley it would fit in her over-sized sweater pocket, so with a stiff smile and a mumbled thank you, she gently took the egg.

"Now back to business,"

"Ashley nearly broke out of the underground holding place, screaming something about destroying you or whatnot. It's really stupid why they would go after you, right?" Jasmine's gazed at Emma, who was nervously biting her nails. Her eyes were on the fire, anxiety written all over her face.

"It was because I knew the book location, and now that I've read it they're going to be set on killing me." Said Emma. After that, it was quiet for a few minutes, no one knowing what to do anymore.

"I'm going to bed, make sure to be in bed early, for we wake up at dawn." With the brunettes words, they all nodded, and Emma crawled over into Comet's wings for some rest. The other three just say around the fire in more silence.

"So..." Peter started.

"Yeah..." David didn't have anything else to say either. Both males looked over to Jasmine, who simply raised her hands in defence.

"What do you think she saw in the book?" Jasmine asked, pulling the leather cover out behind her. David grimaced as he realized the electric mage had once again stolen the book from Emma's possessions, but when he saw Peter quickly squish next to her and gasp, he gave into curiosity.

They read over the diary, not a single one asking a question until they were all finished. A weapon was located somewhere nearby, one that could destroy the reborns.

"David, do you have any history books?" Jasmine asked with a glint of mischief in her yellow eyes. The Make hesitated before heading over to Aqua, who quickly threw up the largest history book she had. Covered in dragon saliva was a Brown leather book with a rusted silver lining, a simple circle printed with faded ink on the front that had a curling dragon around a clock. David headed back to the fire after thanking his bonded.

Jasmine cringed at the amount of dragon saliva and the scent of old food, but opened the book when handed to her anyways. She began right in the front, but when all she got was a reciting of the legend all of them knew, she quickly tossed the book back to David.

"I'm just going to bed. I'm sure Emma will have a plan or something." Jasmine waved her hand and walked over to Electra, who was nervous about her riders sudden annoyance. Peter let out a laugh when she was out of ear shot, making David look at him as if he was nuts.

"Jeeze! Is it that time of the month for these two? I mean like seriously, we've gone though worse and laughed about it, so I don't know why they're making such a big deal out of this!" Peter said in a playful manner. David only sighed.

"Its because this time Peter, everyone else's lives are on the line." David stood up and also headed to bed, curling up in his dragons soft freathers and silky fur. Peter then sat alone at the fire, his head a jumbled mess. The fire mage played with the fire for a bit, turning the flames into any colour he could think of. He made little burning dragon figures that all moved diffrently, but his eyes weren't on the dragons.

"If you're going to knock me out, do it quickly so I don't notice you next time." Peter chuckled. He didn't remain awake for long, as a palm landed on his forehead and enticed him into a deep sleep. Taking a deep breath, they then wandered over to the group leader wrapped in an extremely large dragons wings. They quickly placed a hand on both the dragon and the girl, keeping them both unconcious until he managed to get away from the scene. He was about to life the girl when a blade of ice nicked his shoulder, the blade imapling the ground.

"Get off her." David growled. The figure didn't move, using Emma as a shield was a cowardly move, but they needed her at the moment, and they had to get her back. When David saw that the figure didn't move, he came closer, hovering right over Emma and the figure, "I said to get off."

The figure slowly stood, complying to the water mages wishes. That's when his hand shot out and grabbed David's arm, pouring magic into his body to knock the male unconscious. David quickly tumbled back and fell, his deep sleep was going to last a tad bit longer than the rest, but that meant more time for the figure.

He hoisted Emma into his arms, his body weak after the use of magic, but he trained for this every single day he could remember, so just like in his training, he began to take one step at a time, getting closer and closer to home.

What he failed to notice was Comet stalking behind him.