Chapter 21

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
(AN. I was just wondering, why do most books have a magical stone that tells you what your magic is?

Is it a mood stone? That would be funny. But seriously, how come the stone always had the power to sense magic?

Magic~~~)

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛
"Scared of the dark David?"

David swung the hard-covered book at the unknown intruder, landing right on its face. The contact let out a sickening crack and the figure stubled back, letting out a cry of pain. Daivd, still full of fear, quickly ran toward it again and swung the book, aiming right the the top of the head.

This time, however, instead of landing on target, a hand had caught the book mid-swimg and burnt the paper to ashes.

"What the.." David stopped his attack and stepped back from the intruder he attacked. A head of blonde hair and a pair of Orange eyes landed on his with pure rage glowing through them. David heart dropped as he saw his best friend furious.

"What the hell Daivd!" Peter yelled. David's eyes widened and he stepped back once more, his heart pounding in his ears.

"Oh the white dragon- Peter! You scared me half to death! I thought you were the monster!" David tried to explain. Peter lifeted up his hand to silence him and David obeyed, standing in a spot like a lost puppy.

"David," Peter began, his Orange eyes were glowing with an indescribable emotiwith David shifted uncomfortably in a spot as he waited for Peter the finish.

A long silence filled the room until Peter finished with a grin.

"I never knew you were that strong!" He laughed. David's heart immediately lifted and he collapse to his knees, laughing along his best friend.

"Oh my, it's way to early to be scaring me like this Peter!" He laughed out loud. Peter laughed while holding his bleeding nose.

"You woke me up with your screaming, so I decided to kill a little prank on you, but I didn't know you would attack me like that!" Peter laughed a remark. David rolled his eyes and their laughing slowly turned into a giggle.

"I guess we should sleep then, but first."

David moved closer to Peter and gently out his cool fingertips on Peter's nose. His hands glowed a like green colour as his secondary magic healed the broken blood vessels in Peter's nose.

Peter's face flushed red at the sudden contact, but didn't move from his friends touch. David, being the dense block of wood he is, didn't notice the growing blush on his friends face.

Soon enough, the two boy's bloody noses were healed and they were both giggling as the layed in their beds. David was playing with a light-blue glowing ball as the to friends started into the darkness of their shared room.

"Hey David?" Peter said gently. David responded with a mmm-hmm and Peter continued.

"Why did you keep your healing magic hidden? You know you could of trusted me." David's heart twisted a bit with guilt as his own mind searched through his memories.

°°°

He was just a young boy, maybe about 9 or 10 when he began training his water magic.

At that time, Dragon riders were a rare occurance in the world and David had only just found his Magic, and his parents had forced harsh training on him.

"You need to become a top-rank Dragon rider to support your parents! So train hard, do you understand?" His mother's cold voice echoed through his childhood house.

"Yes ma." He gently replied. His mother's cold blue eyes stared at him with disappointment. David continued to hack The dull axe at the old willow tree, the axe doing nothing but bouncing off it's bark.

His Dragon was locked up in his house, and his parents thought it would be a good idea to improve his training by keeping all distractions out of his way, even the one who was supposed to be training him.

He let out a sigh, his heart hanging from a thread from the daily training.

'only two more hours before I can gi the spring again' He mumbled, out of breath.

Hours had passed and once again his mother had forgotten lunch, and had also forgotten about her own son in general, so, David took the opportunity and layed the dulled axe against the tree.

He quickly scampered off into the weeping willows that made up the forest right next to his run-down house.

Taking one look behind him, He saw the dying tree and his age slowly shrink into the distance.

He continued to run until his lungs burned for air and his mucles threatening to cramp. He didn't stop though, and he continued to walk until he got to his destination.

He stood in front of a large, Crystal blue pond. Fish of many colours could be seen swimming by the surface, the sun reflecting on their scales.

He quickly took he's socks off his blistered feet and dipped them into the water. Almost instantly his feet felt relaxed and he let out a sigh of delight.

He closed his eyes and listened to the sounds of the forest, The wind blowing the weeping willows leaves together, the sounds of phoenix's majestic calls to each other, forming into a so g that rang through the heart of the forest.

The music seemed to pull a song from his heart, pumping through his veins and singing along in the back of his mind, like an old song everyone knew.

All to soon the sound of his mother's enraged screams broke through the song, and all the harmonious music once again snapped back into silence as the Phoenix's went back into their hiding places.

David trembled while putting his socks and shoes that we're to small for him back on. As he ran back he stumbled multiple times and almost fell on his face a few times. All the while his heart punted in his ears and the thought of what his mother would do to him that day.

When he returned home he carefully opened his front door. His legs buckled as he regained his footing, shifting his weight into the doors rusty handle.

All to soon his mother appeared once again, and he climbed into the couch.

"David." His mother's cold voice rang.

"Where were you?" She asked.

David pointed outside and simply whispered "In the willows."

His mother shook her head and went back into her room, the air once again filling up with smoke as she continued making illegal potions.

David opened as many Windows as he could, thankful that nothing to bad happened between him and his mother.

"Why can't we just be normal?" He asked to no one in particular. He noticed the sun setting so he headed up to his room, his blue walls peeling from water damage.

"If I could fly, I would be free." He whispered before climbing into bed.

~~~

~She touched the magical rock and it glowed multiple colours~

That's honestly how it would have turned out if I hadn't thought of something else, or dreamed up this plot-line.