Daddy

Bebe's POV

I opened the door to see my ex-husband, Charlie.

"Bebe?" He said. I can see sadness in his eyes. Damn, those Hazel-Green eyes. I missed looking at them...

"Charlie....What are you doing here?" I asked as I grabbed my son.

"Your son almost got hit by a truck and I saved him." He replied "I also gave him a ride home."

"Zy....I thought you were going to Mark's?!" I exclaimed as Xyphen looked down "And now, the next thing we know is you almost got hit by a truck?! What's your plan?!"

"I was looking for my daddy..." he replied

"But, your daddy is here! It's your Daddy Landon!" I said. He did not like what I said, nor does he like Landon. Charlie treated Xyphen better. Landon would often beat me and Xyphen up.

"HE'S NOT MY REAL DADDY!!" He shouted "HE'S MY STEP-FATHER AND HE NEVER TREATS ME LIKE HIS OWN SON, HE BEATS ME UP LIKE A PUNCHING BAG!!!" And with that said, he went inside the house with a raging stomp.

"I'm sorry for Zy's attitude. He just...he misses his real father..." I apologized to Charlie.

"Why?" He asked "Who's his real father?"

"His step-father, Landon, treats him badly...I mean...treats US badly...and I think it's best not to talk about his real father..." I explained.

"Oh...ok.." he said "Are you....I don't know if it's appropriate for me to ask this, but....are you....married?" He asked again. Wait..Am I still considered married to Charlie?

"If you mean married to Landon, then..no. He's just my boyfriend." I said as he gave me a look that says he's looking for a different answer "But..I'm still married to you since we never got divorced." I added.

"Does Zy carry my surname?" He asked again.

"No, but he also doesn't carry Landon's surname. He carries mine — Rexha" I replied.

"I think I better go talk to Zy..." I said.

"Oh, ok." He said "I hope Zy finds his real father, because there's nothing like the love of a real father. He needs it. It would complete him." He said.

But what if...his real father is standing right in front of me...?

"Bye, take care." He said

"Bye..." I said "Take care....love" I whispered the last part and luckily, he didn't hear it.

As soon as Charlie left, Landon came and parked his car in the same spot where Charlie parked his.

"Who was that?" He asked while getting closer to me.

"It...it was Charlie." I replied while shaking.

"Come in." He said in a raspy voice as he pulled me inside "WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE?!??!" He yelled as he slapped me and I fell down.

"He..he...." I said still shaking

"HE WHAT?!?!?" He shouted.

"LEAVE MY MOM ALONE!!!" Xyphen shouted as he came running towards Landon and Landon pushed him and he fell on the floor with his head hitting the floor too hard and it bled. I ran towards him.

"You can hurt me all you want," I said looking at Landon "BUT NOT MY SON!!!" I shouted.

Landon came towards me and picked me up "Whatever he did here...I don't EVER want to see him again." He said and put me down.

Xyphen and I were on the floor, crying "I wish Daddy Charles was my REAL dad." He whispered.

He is...if only I could tell you...

"Since when did you start calling him Daddy?" I asked.

"Earlier during our ride back home." He replied What a crazy son I have! Just like his father... "He said I look exactly like him when he was my age, so I asked if I could call him Daddy Charles."

"Hm...." was the only thing I could say.

2 days later...
Charlie's POV

Someone was knocking on my door so I quickly answered it and I saw it was Zy....and...Bebe...?

"Zy, what are you doing here?" I asked "With your...mom...?!"

"How do you guys know each others' houses?!" Zy asked.

"We were...uuuhhh...friends!" Bebe replied. Wait...FRIENDS?! JUST. FRIENDS?!??!

"Friends..?" I asked back as I went with the flow, "*sigh* Yeah, friends..." I repeated.

"So..what brings you here?" I asked as I let them inside.

"Landon abused us!" Zy replied as my eyes widened. WHAT?!

"Why would he do that?!" I asked getting ready to kick Landon's stupid a$$ "Since when did this start?"

"He would beat us up whenever I think of you and whenever he sees me bear you...even accidentally." I replied as I held my son closer and I looked down.

"Why?!" I asked raising my voice.

"He just hates the thought of you...." Bebe replied.

You just want attention, you don't want my heart, maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new...

"That's why we went here...it was Zy's idea to come here.." Bebe added.

"Can we stay here, PLEEEAAAASSSSE, DADDY CHARLES?!??!?!" Zy begged as I nod my help. I'll admit, I can't resist a boy that calls me Daddy.

"Well, you could stay here for as long as you want to!" I replied as Zy started to celebrate.

4 days later...

"I'm surprised that your husband isn't looking for you!" I said as I gave Bebe a bowl of popcorn.

"Husband? Oh, you mean Landon?!" She asked as I nod while eating popcorn "He's not my husband! I can't get married to him since I'm still married to you...and...I don't wanna marry him...he's......abusive...." she added.

YES!!

"I don't wanna assume but....do you still....love me?" I asked as my heartbeat began to rise.

"Charlie...." she said "It's fine if you don't, I'm just here for Zy...he's like my own child already!" I added "I do. I still love you!" She replied. The best day of my life still haunts me with pain and sadness...she left me...but she came back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you, Bleta Rexha take Charles Otto Puth Jr. As your loving, lawful wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, till death do both of you part?" The priest asked Bebe.

"I do..." she replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~end of flashback~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh...." was all I said, "If Landon's Zy's step-father, then, who's Zy's Biological father?" I asked.

"I'm sorry...I can't even tell Zy that...I want it a secret forever kept." She replied.

"Walang sikretong hindi nabubunyagan.." I said, "But...can I be Zy's father for the mean time?" I asked again.

"Of course!" She replied "He already thinks you're his father, so...!" She added while laughing a bit.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" I thanked as I hugged her and she hugged me back, "I swear I won't disappoint you!" I crossed my heart and promised Bebe.

There's this...connection between me and Zy...it's like....I know him before...it's like....I....I'm his father...?!

But no, surely that can't be!