Rumors

April 5, 2026
Charlie's POV
I've been hearing a lot of rumors about my company stealing ideas from Telltale Games when in fact, I'm collaborating with Telltale including their CEO, Dan Connor, for a new game called 'Home: An Untold Journey of Pain'. This game is basically about my life story; the things that were never talked about; the things that never went trending; the stories that were hidden; the secrets that no one knew about, excluding Bebe, cuz she knows ever single detail about me.
Not only rumors about my company, but also about my love life. People have been scattering rumors about me cheating on Bebe. I don't know who are where it came from, but, it's fcking everyday of my life with Bebe. I mean, it's not even true!
"Charlie...I've been hearing all these rumors...tell me they're not true!" Bebe said softly "Bebe...they're not! Trust me! I'm not, I never and I will never cheat on you! I promise..." I replied as I held her hand and cried "Charlie...you know this is all bad for the baby; for OUR baby!!! Please stop!!!! WE NEED YOU!!!!" She shouted while holding her belly "Bebe, I'm not doing any stupidity!! I promised you, I promised you right in front of God!!! I. WILL. NEVER. HURT. YOU." I explained "How?! If all these people are saying and proving that you are cheating on me!!" She shouted once again "You trust those people more than me?!?! Bebe, stop believing on what you here!! Believe what you feel and see!!!" I backfired "Now, it's my turn to ask — what do you see? What do you feel? Am I cheating on you?" I asked as she went silent and sat down "Charlie..." She said as she started to breathe hardly and started to lose her breath "Bebe, what's happening?!" I asked while panicking as I sat down beside her "You need a hospital...hold on — I'll take you there!" I said as I got up, but she held my hand before I could go anywhere "Charlie....stayyyyy.....don't leave me...not even for a second...hold me...I'm sorry...." she said as I followed "Don't worry...I'll be here. Just tell me what you need ok?" I said as she held my hand "I'm sorry..." she apologized while hyperventilating "Shhhhh....you don't have to say sorry. It was also my fault why I let all these rumors start. I shouldn't have been too close to my female cousin and friends..." I also apologized.
After Bebe calmed down, she quiclly fell asleep on the couch and I heard my phone chime — I have a message.
I took my phone and read the message "This is Dan Connor, CEO of Telltale Games. I am now announcing that Telltale Games will no linger cooperate with you company; Port Mania. I'm sorry, but I hope you understand. All these rumors have not only been affecting your company, but also mine. Sorry for the inconvenience." Dan said in his text as I started to cry in the corner "It was my dream to collaborate with Telltale!!! This was going to be a big deal!!! Yeah, it was a big deal...a big deal in rumors!" I said to myself as I continued to cry at the corner "I'm done with this sht. I need a break." I said as I started packing my things good for 2 months.
I planned to go to Cebu, Philippines and stay there for 2 months, but I don't want Bebe to stress out because of it, so I left a note. Bebe, if you're ever wondering why I'm gone, well, you won't be seeing me for 2 months. I've decided to leave so I can think clearer and solve my problems bit-by-bit. Don't worry, like I promised, I never, I am not and I will never cheat on you. I won't ever do such a thing. Take care of yourself and our child. I don't wanna come hone with another dead child! I love you! See you in 2! I post the note on the fridge so when she gets hungry, she'll read the note.
Bebe's POV
A few hours later...
I woke up to see Charlie gone. I called his name over and over again, but I don't get any response, until I got hungry. I went to the fridge and opened it. I took some leftover foods that we ate earlier. I washed the dishes and got hungry again, so I again, took some food from the fridge, only this time...it was a banana, then I saw a note on the fridge. I took it and read it. My heart got shattered, "I need him. For our baby..." I whispered to myself as I cried. I texted Margot to come and talk to me.
Charlie's POV
1 day later...
I finally arrived at Cebu, Philippines. I felt the breeze of the cool air hit my face as I smell the fresh air surrounding me. No one knew me there. I was lucky.
I rented a small house mad out of bamboo near the shore of their beach and I quickly made friends with my neighbour.
They're a family; Jose Santos, the father; Fe Santos, the mother; Arthur Santos, the eldest among three siblings; Michelle Santos, the second born; and lastly, Michael Santos, the youngest sibling. They were really kind and they spoke english very well. Well enough for me to understand, but I let them speak tagalog since I understand and know how to speak tagalog. Everything went the way I wanted it to be; peaceful, fresh, and best of all, I had no problems there! That's exactly what I needed. But, I still couldn't get my mind off Bebe. I just can't rest assure until I know she's sleeping well. So I texted her.
*test message*
Me: Babe, sorry if I suddenly left you. I just need some time to think....
Bebe's POV
I was walking around and guessing where Charlie might have been hiding, until I heard my phone chime.
*text message*
Charlie: Babe, sorry if I suddenly left you. I just need some time to think....
Me: Charlie...I need to know where you are! Please, I'm begging you!!!
Charlie: Sorry...I can't tell you...I really need some time alone, but promise, I am not cheating on you!
Me: I guess you're right...I love you, take care!
Charlie: I love you, too 😘 Oh, and don't stress yourself. It's bad for the baby.
Me: You always never want me stressed, but, how will I not get stressed if you're not here?
Charlie: Don't think about me 😂😁😁
Me: No!! I want you here!!
Charlie: I'll be there soon...
Me: I'll be waiting...Love you 😘
Charlie: Love you, too. Take care, ok?
Me: Yes, baby...
*end of text message*