Leap of Fate

1 week later...
Charlie's POV

I was walking to the grass that has a big rectangular hole while carrying this really heavy thing with Fred, Ed and some other guys. The pain in my chest is heavier than what I'm carrying. We finally arrived near the hole and put down the heavy thing we were carrying and went to our seats. The priest walked in front of it and said a lot of things that I wasn't even listening to because I was so devastated and was mesmerized by everything.

A couple hours later...

There he was, Jared Joseph-Leto, being buried. We dropped off all the flowers to wash away the pain. We let go of all the white balloons. Margot couldn't let go of hers and I came near her.

"Margot, you need to let go." I said and held her hand trying to make her let go as she continued to cry.

"I can't...I don't want to..." she said.

"You know, there will always be a time that you'll lose someone you love so much. It will hurt a couple thousand times more than the worst pain you've felt physically, but you need to know also, that he is in a better place." I said and she thought for a while and let go of the balloons and the tears started streaming down her face. We sat down and me, Bebe, Ed, and Taylor pat her back to help comfort her.

"Jared was a great man, and both of you are so lucky to have each other." Taylor said.

"He was meant for you and you were meant for him since the day both of you met." Ed added.

"The two of you proved that age gap doesn't matter at all — when you love someone, you love them all with your heart." Bebe added and we looked at each other and weakly smiled.

"Even though during the previous months, Jared was a dck, but he was the love of my life." Margot said.

"It's really hard, but you need to be strong for your son. This is what he wants you to do. To have your son be raised the best way possible." I told her and she wiped away the tears.

"You're right." She stood up, "I'm a mother of the child of the man that I love. And I will be strong for not only myself and my son, but mostly for Jared." She said and we gave her a big group hug.

A little later, we drove back home. I asked John to drive us back home because the pain in my chest was so bad that I couldn't drive. The Lost Men will never be the same without Jared. He made so many people smile and laugh. He helped me cure my depression. He wasn't just a friend. He was like a brother to all. I put my headphones on and played something. God, this phone is killing me, it played my old song 'Tangerine Dreams' it was for my dead friend, Vail. I decided to just let it play.

'You sing yourself to sleep at night

Melodies behind closed doors
I'm over by the corner

Listening to you from the second floor
I open up the curtains
To hear the thunder and the rain

We dropped off all the flowers
To wash away the pain
Wanna go with you anywhere, anywhere

I'm sorry i kept you waiting
I have no excuse
There's no room for debating
Why it took so long to get back to you
But these tangerine dreams will not go away

Build them right up and mold them out of clay
They just keep me company
Now i take everyday with a deep breath
'Cause i found out the hard way when he left
Suffering silently
These last couple days I haven't been myself
'Cause I know i won't be seeing you on commonwealth again
Commonwealth again
These last couple days I haven't been myself
'Cause I know i won't be seeing you on commonwealth again
Commonwealth again'

I cried and looked outside the window of the car as rain started to pour. I guess the world knows how I feel.

Years later...
August 30, 2044
Bebe's POV

"Mom, Dad..." Xyphen called and we looked at him. We sat down on couch at the living room to have a family meeting. Everyone was there — Me, Charlie, Xyphen, Aubrey, Cypher and the twins.

"What is it?" I asked and he looked down.

"I've decided which university I wanna go to." He said with a sigh.

"Where is it, kuya?" Zach-Sam asked. He's seven by the way.

"It's..uhhh...it's the bad news actually..." He said.

"Why so?" I asked.

"It's on the other side of the country. It's 18 hours away." He replied.

"And what's so bad about that? We're always here to support you. You can come home to visit us every weekend or we can come and visit you." I asked then explained. He looked down and sighed.

"Which school is it?" Charlie asked.

"H...Harvard...University..." He replied and we got all shocked.

"Xyphen. Ray. Rexha. Puth. Are you serious?!" Charlie asked with complete shock.

"Yes, apparently." He said while smiling and handed us a paper. It was a letter to prove that our son got in Harvard University.

"Oooh, Son!! You made us so so proud!!" We started to celebrate, but Xyphen looked down and worried.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"It's just..I'm going too far away from you guys. I'm gonna miss all of you and all of this." He explained.

"That's a big part of growing up. You're gonna be away from us. That's why we trained you all your life for this." I said.

"But, Dad, I don't wanna leave you guys here..." Xyphen complained.

"I know you want this, son. It's not our job to get in the way of your dreams...it's our job to support you. No. Matter. what. You got that?" I said.

"Yes, dad." He replied looking down

"Just like what your mom said in an interview--" Bebe cut me off, "I ain't losing weight just to fit in those clothes!" She said said "What?! No! It's your saying in the same interview!" I shouted "What saying?" She asked "It's either win big or lose big." I reminded as she looked at Xyphen "Ohhhhh that saying!" Bebe said.

"I'm gonna miss y'all." He said then hugged us all and cried.

"I'm gay!" Sean suddenly shouted and we all looked at him, "I said it! I can't hold it long enough — I'm gay! And if you're not happy about that--" Bebe cut him off.

"Shhh...We accept you just the way you are." She said, "And we knew all along." She added and Sean seemed shocked.

"You knew? How?" He asked.

"Well, ever since you turned 11, we started suspecting because all your friends are girls, you talk so much about boys, specially that one guy named Travis..." I explained, "Hey!" He said as soon as I said the boy's name, "...you watch and play girl stuff and you love talking about make-up and James Charles with your sisters." I continued and he looked down as I kneel to his level, "It's completely fine because even though we're not relatives by blood, you're like my real son...or...daughter—whichever you prefer!" I joked that last part and he smiled and hugged me, "Thanks, Dad!" He said and I pat his bag.

"Why don't we......" Bebe started and an idea popped in my head.

"...make a band?" I asked and giggled.

"What?! No! Lol!" She said and we both laughed leaving our children clueless, "I was gonna say, LET'S CELEBRATE MY FCKING BIRTHDAY!!!" She shouted and I elbowed her, "Shhh! No cursing around the kids!!" I told her and we all laughed and started going to places simple and fun, like how Bebe likes it.

IS