Reunited

Months later...
Charlie's POV
After what happened at Disney Land and the walk home, I did do my promise — I stayed away from Bebe and specially Xyphen and decided not to bother them anymore even though I see both of them pass my workplace/PortMania very often.

I also tried moving on step-by-step. I tried not to think about them too much, spent most of the days alone and giving most of my attention to family, friends and work. I knew I had to get up on my knees and begin again.

"*sigh* Let's begin again! Freshly!" I said while fixing my bed "From....the....start." I said with a lazy tone with an expression like: 😑.

I took a shower, put on my suit, ate breakfast and went to work. It was a new start, so with a new start, I had to give out a huge smile. A real one.

I was greeted by my employees as soon as I walked pass them, "Good morning, Sir!"

"Good morning, Jason!" I greeted as I walked pass them, confidently.

"Morning, boss!" He greeted back

"Heyyy, there's my man Clark!" I said pointing at them.

"What's up, boss?" He asked.

"The ceiling." I laughed.

"Eyyy, my Secretary, Dina!"

"Good start today, boss?" She asked as she smiled.

"A VERY good start!" I said as I walked in my office. I started work with a huge smile. I went to board meetings and helped planning our next work. When I was done with all the work shts, I took a break and sat down on my chair. I didn't want to go home yet because I have nothing to do back at home. I then played some music with the speakers installed in my office and I danced to it.

I got tired of dancing so I stopped the music and sat down. I began searching for something to fiddle with in my boxes. A box behind me fell down. I must've moved it. I looked behind me and saw pictures of me, Bebe and Xyphen. I sighed. I picked it up and stared at it.

"Well, I guess I better find myself a love life..." I said.

"Sir, you have a mail." Dina said behind me. I didn't hear anyone come in. I must've slipped off on my thoughts...

"From who?" I asked as she handed me the letter, "I didn't expect a letter from anyone."

"It's not written from whom it is, boss." She replied and left.

I fixed all the boxes and sat on my chair,

"I wonder who sent this..." I said and opened letter. It was an invitation to a party.

To: Daddy Charles
From: Zy

You are invited to my fast and furious 3rd Birthday! Come on and join the race! Just drive to Rexha's Residence at Los Angeles, California.

I was shocked to know that they still invited me after I ghosted out on them. It's kinda obvious that it was Xyphen's idea because he was clearly the one who wrote my name using crayons.

I took the invitation out from the envelope and a note fell from it. I picked it up. It was obvious who wrote it because I know whose penmanship are these.

"Bebe...?" I whispered as I opened the note and read it.

Charlie,
                 I know it's a little weird that I invited you, but believe me, it was the kid's idea. You can come here as early as possible because Landon won't be home until 10pm.

Sincerely,
Bebe ❤

My eyes widened, I can't believe it...I'll go...for my son.