Starmora #1

Starmora #1

Gamora's POV

 I've known Peter Quill for three years now. It's hard to believe it's been that long already but it has. Three years of us crossing paths due to fighting over an orb. We should have become enemies but instead we became best friends. A part of me has always wondered what it would be like if we became something more. He flirts with me a lot but I've always assumed that was just a part of his personality. I can never be entirely sure when it comes to him. 

    Drax and I are currently training with each other on the ship while Groot, Rocket, and Peter are up front manning the ship and talking with each other. "Gamora, are you and Quill ever going to go out on a date? I see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. It's so obvious to everyone that the two of you like each other, that is to everyone except the two of you." I huff and fold my arms across my chest, dropping my sword in the process. "Drax, I don't want to talk about this. Peter is Peter, he flirts with every woman that breathes and has a pulse." He nods in agreement. "True but he flirts more with you than anyone else. He also flirts with those other women to get a rise out of you." 

     Just then, Peter walks in on us talking. He notices my look of annoyance and frowns. "Drax, what did you do to piss Gamora off?" Drax puts his hands up in surrender. "I didn't do anything to piss her off. In fact, I think you did." Drax smirks at me. "I'll leave the two of you to talk." He disappears like a phantom to another part of the ship, leaving the two of us indeed alone. "Gamora, what is Drax talking about? Did I really piss you off?" I put my hands on my hips. "Yes you did, you keep flirting with other women in front of me constantly and it's sickening. Can you at least try to control yourself while you're in my company?" 

      His facial expression shifts to annoyance quickly. "Why does it bother you so much who I flirt with in front of you?" I grab him by the shoulders, shake him roughly, and shout "BECAUSE I LIKE YOU PETER!!!!" He stumbles back and I help him up, feeling a bit bad about shaking him so roughly. His eyes soften and his annoyance fades. "Is that true? Do you really like me Gamora?" I nod and tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "It's true, I like you." Peter doesn't say anything but moves closer to me, wrapping his hands around my waist. He closes the gap between us and crashes his lips onto mine. It takes me a minute to respond back to his kiss. The two of us kiss for a minute before pulling apart thanks to Rocket walking in on us. 

      "Sorry to interrupt lovebirds but I needed to replace a couple of the quantum batteries in the front of the ship. I'll just take what I need and then the two of you can kiss each other's faces off as you please." Peter blushes like a tomato and I feel my face getting hot out of embarrassment. If you can count on anyone to ruin a romantic moment with a sarcastic remark, it would be Rocket. The two of us don't continue kissing but rather make an agreement to take things slow. In the meantime, saving the Galaxy from potential dangers is our top priority. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary