Mysterine/Mystique x Wolverine #1

Mysterine/ Mystique x Wolverine #1

Logan's POV

 I've met my fair share of mutants since becoming Wolverine, but known intrigue me more than Mystique. She's a lone wolf and doesn't choose to associate with anyone. Maybe she has her reasons but then again that might one attribution to her name. Mystique, fancy for Mystery. I've always been one to enjoy solving a mystery. It's official, the next mystery I'm going to solve is Mystique. 

    Mystique is sitting on a rock sharping a blade. I watch her in fascination before approaching her cautiously. She flinches a bit but doesn't swat me away surprisingly. "You're an odd one. You know that right?" She shrugs but doesn't verbally respond to me, continuing to sharpen her blade. I sigh and try again. "How come you don't associate with any other mutants? Not all of them are out to get you you know." That seems to trigger her a bit because she shifts into her human form to address me further. "It's easy for you to say. Aside from your claws, no one stares at you. I can't go anywhere in the public eye in my natural form without feeling ashamed of myself. I often get called a "smurf" by civilians. What the hell is a "smurf?" 

      A small laugh slips out but I do my best to recover. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. Smurfs aren't that bad, they're just blue people like you. They don't have the powers that you have though. I think that makes you far more special." A tear slips down her cheek and I wipe it away with the back of my hand. "You really think so Logan?" I gasp. "You know my name?" She rolls her eyes at me. "Everyone knows your name. Aside from the Maximoff twins, you're by far the most famous mutant." I smirk a bit to cover up my bashfulness at that statement. "I'm glad people think of me as a household name."

      "Don't flatter yourself too much Logan, your ego might inflate and your head might float away." "You're a sarcastic one, you and I would get along quite nicely. What do you say, want to be partners or as some might say, freaks in crime?" That remark finally gets her to smile a bit and even laugh. "You're a piece of work but I do appreciate you cheering me up. Thank you Logan. I accept your offer." I grin at her and rub my hands together. "Perfect." I wait for her while she goes back to the rock to fetch her blade. The two of us then makes our way back to our campsite. Yes mutants go camping too. You regular humans have so many stereotypes about us. 

       We spend the rest of the night talking over a campfire. We even roast marshmellows and eat smores, the typical camping are fulfilled. Before Mystique goes to sleep for the night, she takes me by surprise and gives me a kiss on the cheek. When she's out of sight, I hold my cheek and grin from ear to ear. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary