Clintasha #1

Clintasha #1

Clint's POV

Nat and I have a day off from being heroes who save the world so we're doing what we do best on our rare days off, having a friendly competition. Nat recently told me that she believes that she's just as good of an archer as I am despite that not being anywhere in her realm of weapon choices she uses to train and/or battle with. The idea popped in my head midbattle against some local criminals the other day. I wanted to challenge Nat to an archery contest. I want to see whether or not she can match and/or beat me. 

   Nat and I get up in the training room, doing a few basic stretches before getting into high gear. I smirk at her as I position my bow and arrows. "You ready Nat?" She smirks back at me. "Absolutely. Go for it Clint." I nod and begin shooting my ten arrows, each of them landing near or in the bullseye area on the target. I smile triumphantly and clearing the way for Nat to take her turn. As she shoots her arrows, all ten of them land into the bullseye area of the target. Even though I never miss a target, I don't always land bullseyes when practicing for upcoming battles. My jaw is dropped and I stare at her in awe for a moment before collection myself.

    "Well I have to get you credit Nat, you beat me at my own game. I'm shocked even though I shouldn't be because you're good with any kind of weapon you use. If you're unfamiliar with it, you learn how to use it quicker than anyone else I know. Let me treat to you a victory drink in Tony's bar on the top floor of the tower. I'll even make it for you myself and talk in the corny southern accent of mine that you like." She smirks at me before her smirk shifts into a grin. "I'd love that." The two of us take the elevator up to the top floor so I can make her the promised drink. I know what to make her, a scotch on the rocks. That's her favorite alcoholic drink. I end up making one for myself too. 

     One drink for each of us ends up turning into several and before we know it, we're drunkenly fondling each other. No one is around thankfully. A part of me feels guilty for doing this with Nat but I'm divorced from Laura, therefore I have every right to pursue other women. Plus my kids adore Nat. I can't lose here. The kids would love having Nat around even more when I go to visit them at the safe house in the location that I can't disclose due to keeping them safe. Little did Nat and I know that Tony has hidden security cameras installed above the bar and that he would play this footage back in front of the entire team down the road, displaying our makeout publicly. Nat and I were then forced to confess about our newfound romance before we were ready to. Tony apologized for playing the security footage for everyone but was grinning while doing so. In his own sick way, I think he wanted the two of us to end together. What a strange man he is...

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary