ScarletAmerica #1

ScarletAmerica #1

Steve's POV

 Fighting alongside Wanda is a privilege and an honor. Her powers are extraordinary and she has become a great asset to the Avengers since the battle with Ultron. Her and Vision have become rather close but he's hurt my girl... well not my girl officially but you know what I mean. He tried to hold Wanda hostage in an apartment, not even letting her so much as walk to the grocery store to get a few ingredients needed to cook a special dish. Now, the Avengers are divided, well except for Bruce and Thor. No one knows where they currently are.

    Wanda is sitting on her bed, sadly strumming an acoustic guitar that Clint got for her recently. He's like a father to her which I think is sweet. She lost her parents so young. She also lost her brother Pietro too. She needs a group of people who will treat her as well as the family she lost. I silently watch as she strums the guitar. She's very in tune with the music and herself in this moment. She even begins singing. I recognize the tune immediately. It's "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. I end up singing along, giving myself away. Crap. Wanda looks at me in surprise before calming down when she sees that it's just me, good ol Captain America. "Steve, how long have you been standing there?"

     I smile at her. "Long enough. You're excellent at playing the guitar and have a lovely singing voice Wanda. You should use it more often." She blushes and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. Thank you Steve. There's another song I've mastered thanks to Clint actually. Would you like to hear it?" I nod and sit down beside her on the bed, our thighs making contact with one another. It's a simple thread of contact but still gives me butterflies in my stomach all the same. As soon as she begins playing and singing the next song, I'm immediately entranced. It's one of my all time favorite songs, House of the Rising Sun. It's a different version that she's playing and singing but it honestly sounds just as good as the original, if not more so.

   When she's done, I applaud her. "That was amazing Wanda. You truly are something special." The two of us stare at each other in silence before I gravitate closer to her. Surprisingly, she doesn't push me away. She even moves closer herself and leans into my face. My lips crash onto hers and we kiss. I thought I felt magic with Peggy but this is unlike any other kiss I've ever experienced before. This is a kiss of two broken souls finding each other, making one another feel whole again. When we pull apart, the two of us grin at one another. In her lovely accent, she says "Not bad for two Avengers who are now outlaws." I laugh. "I agree completely. Is Vision going to kill me now?"

       Wanda smirks at me. "He's all talk. He might zap you a bit using the mind stone if he's really feeling spiteful but he's not going to kill you. I'm not his. He had his chance with me and he blew it. That's something that he's going to have to learn how to live with. The point is I really like you Steve. I want to be your girlfriend, that is if you'll let me?" I smile softly at her. "It would be my pleasure."

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! I never update twice in one day but since I have one of the busiest weeks of my life come Monday, I wanted to get an extra update in for you all as a treat. :) -Mary