ScarletWidow #2

ScarletWidow #2

Wanda's POV

 Nat and I are currently having drinks at Starbucks. I've been really depressing lately due to the anniversary of Pietro's death coming up soon. Nat wanted to take me out for a bit to help take my mind off of it. I know she means well but that dark cloud is looming over me still. I feel so responsible for my brother's death. When it came down to it, he sacrificed himself to save Clint and that little boy, but I still feel like it was all my fault. 

    Nat frowns at me. "Wanda, you've hardly touched your latte. You're not okay, you're grieving. I know you are so don't bother lying to me." I sigh. "You're right. I can't win that argument against you. I'm always grieving for my brother though, just now more than other moments." Nat reaches across the table and holds my hands in hers, caressing them gently. "I would have loved to have met him. He seemed like an incredible person. Clint was the only one on the team that got to interact with him before he died. I hope he would give us the blessing to be together. I also hope he'd think I'm a loyal girlfriend to you." I smile sadly at her. "I have no doubt in my mind that he would have accepted us being a couple and he probably would have fallen for you too." 

    Nat laughs. "I can imagine the two of you bickering in the sibling way over who would get to date me. I would have paid money to see that." I kick her under the table lightly. "I would have one by a landslide and we both know it." She smiles at me softly, making my heart melt. "You would win each and every time by default. I love you Wanda." I yawn out of the blue and smile back at her. "I love you too Nat. You make life worth living despite my brother not being around anymore to live it with us. Without you, I would have crumbled in the ruins of Sokovia and not bothered to fight my way out of it. I truly mean that." 

    Nat strokes my hands gently for several minutes before breaking the silence. "I'm going to buy you another latte. I want you to drink it this time. You deserve a little treat. I'll even get you one of those sugar cookies they have here that you love so much." I nod and watch her order me another latte and one of the sugar cookies as promised. Nat's a saint despite the tough act that she puts on in front of most people. The only people she'll ever let her guard down with are the other Avengers and me. We're family so we all feel comfortable being human in front of one another. I actually comforted Thor recently when he was upset about his breakup with Jane. We all lean on each other for support.

     Nat comes back to the table with my treats and I devour them gladly. I'm going to try harder not to drown in my sorrows so much. Pietro wouldn't want me to do that to myself. He'd want me to live my life to the fullest, not having survivor's guilt to this day. I think that in time I'll get there. Until then, I might need my girl to give me a few more pep talks. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary