T'Kia/T'Challa x Nakia #2

Nakia's POV

 I fell in love with my ex boyfriend all over again. I swore to myself that I would simply treat him as a friend and king but I broke that pact to myself. T'Challa is just the most charming man I've ever met and he used that charm to his advantage. Behind that charm is quite a bit of confidence, in which he knew that somehow, some way, I'd be his girl again. There's only one problem now, he's no longer living. T'Challa didn't survive the snap along with half of the world's population. The remaining Avengers are trying to reverse the snap, attempting to take on Thanos once more. I hope they are successful but even if they are, it's going to take a long time for things to get back to normal.

   I'm back in the capital in Wakanda currently helping Okoye and the queen rule over the remaining survivors. Shuri also disappeared in the snap much to our nation's shock. I really thought she had survived. She was listed as missing for a few weeks but after finding a pile of dust where she was last seen alive, the grim news came out publicly. I miss both of them terribly. Shuri is one of my closest friends and like a little sister to me. Her and T'Challa's mother is also like family to me. We've been leaning on each other a lot for support lately. I see Okoye in the distance and jog over to her. "Okoye, do you need help with anything? I want to keep busy as much as possible. Keeps the anxiety and depression at bay, you know?" She nods sadly. "I know that feeling all too well. Could you check on some of our people, especially the elderly and children? They're bond to need something sooner or later." 

    I nod. "Gladly." Okoye nods back to me and I'm off to the races to check on our people. As predicted, the children and elderly need more resources than anyone else right now. We'll be sure to get them to them very soon. We closed off Wakanda to the rest of the world temporarily but the Avengers have special access to get in if needed. After a long day of hard work, I sit on the mountain top and watch the sun set. I can't help but think that somewhere out there in this world, Thanos is doing the very same. He's sitting on a mountain top in the countryside with a smug expression on his face, satisfied with the damage he's done to this world. 

    I also hope to think that T'Challa is watching over me and his soul is doing everything in its power to find its way back to me. I look up at the sky and kiss it. I look silly doing so but somehow in the air, I can feel his warmth. I can imagine his arms wrapping around me from beyond and giving me one of his amazing hugs. I can imagine the smell of that cologne he's been wearing for years. It smells like a combination of grass and flowers. It's weird but smells great, I swear. I love you baby, come back to me. Okay? 

Time Skip... Two Months Later...

  I'm just tending to my usual duties when all of the sudden people who disappeared in the snap begin appearing once again. The excitement flows through my veins. I literally run through the countryside back to the capital in the hopes of finding Shuri and T'Challa. Surely enough when I get there, both of them are with their mother. I do a dorky happy dance and join them. Both of them are slightly startled by my sudden appearance but we're all overjoyed to be reunited again. Okoye and M'Baku even join in on a group hug. T'Challa sneaks in a kiss to me when no one is looking. The love comes pouring back once again. I want to stay in this moment forever. There's nothing but love spreading around after a dark few months.

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary