Philinda/Coulson x May #1

Melinda's POV

 I never imagined that I would develop feelings towards anyone else after Andrew again. Watching Andrew slip away from me slowly, shifting more into the creature called Lash. I'll never forget those final moments with Andrew, the two of us sitting across from each other on two separate beds. We were just talking as if it were a normal day but then suddenly Andrew was experiencing shortness of breath. He ran into another room, locked it, and looked at me sadly. He pressed his hand against the glass for a moment. I did the same, letting the moment last as long as possible. A minute later, Lash jumped out and scared the shit out of me. Not much traumatizes me but that experience sure did.

   Phil was my only source of comfort after I lost Andrew to Lash permanently. Not only did we partner up more in the field than usual, but we spent nearly every moment we had together. I began to become attached to him and when things came up that interrupted a free night we were going to use to hang out, it would disappoint me more than I would care to admit. That was when I realized I had a crush on Phil. I think he likes me back but I'm not entirely sure. I wish we had Wanda Maximoff here. She could get inside his head using her powers and read his mind, giving me some much needed clarification. 

    I take a deep breath and approach Phil who is currently sitting at his desk in his office talking to Daisy. Daisy smiles at me. "Hey May. How's it going?" I put on a fake smile to ease my nerves. "It's going fine. How are you Daisy?" "I'm fine. I'm actually about to meet up with Fitz and Simmons. They want to run a new experiment and needed a test subject, that's where I come into play." I sigh. "Have fun but be careful okay. Those two mean well but their experiments get out of hand at times." She nods and hurries out of the office, leaving Phil and I alone. 

      "Phil, do you have a moment?" He smiles at me ever so kindly. "I always have time for you May. What's up?" I debate between staying standing or sitting down. I force myself to sit down but my legs are shaky, even bouncing up and down. He raises an eyebrow at me. "Is the famous Melinda May nervous? That's a rarity in these parts. Is everything okay?" I roll my eyes at him. "Very funny Phil. If I'm being honest though, I am a little nervous." He gets up, moving closer to me. "Why is that?" My heart begins to race so I get up out of my chair and move a step back. "I like someone... I haven't had feelings for anyone since Andrew. I'm scared to fall for someone again. What if ends in the same way, disaster?"

      He shrugs. "Well you don't know unless you try, nothing ventured, nothing gained." I nod. "That's true but what I told you it's someone on our very team." Phil grins. "Now it's getting real interesting. Can I take a couple of guesses?" "Two guesses and two guesses only. Go." He smirks at me. "Fitz?" I roll my eyes at him again. "Definitely not, try again." He practically sits on my lap in an adorably childish way, looking straight into my eyes. "Me?" I look away and my face heats up, immediately giving him the satisfaction of telling him that it is him. Phil gently cups my face, getting me to look at him. "Really, it's me? You're not messing with me or using this as a cover up for an upcoming mission?" I smile shyly at him. "It's really you." He grabs a hold of my hands and kisses them both. "I'm very glad it's me. I know I'll never replace Andrew but I promise to love you just as much." "That's all I would ask of you Phil."

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary