Starmora #2

Starmora #2

Peter's POV

 Gamora and I are currently sitting on my bed listening to music. I've been getting her into more of my favorite bands lately. Next up on that list are the Rolling Stones. I'm nervous about her reaction to their music. If she doesn't like the Rolling Stones, does she really have a soul? Sorry, that joke was in bad taste, given that she was trapped in the soul stone by her own father for a few months. "Gamora, the song that I'm going to play for you by the Rolling Stones is called "Gimme Shelter." It's one of their biggest hits and one of my personal favorites. She nods and pops an earbud into her ear. I take a deep breath, press play, and watch her as she listens to the song.

    She occasionally sways to the instrumentals in the song and about halfway through it, she cracks a smile. I can tell that she likes it which brings a sense of relief. My girlfriend both has a soul and excellent taste in music. When the song ends, I pause my music player. Gamora grins at me. "That song was one of the best songs you've ever played for me. I'd like to learn it better so I can sing it whenever I feel like it. Would that be possible?" I wrap an arm around her and kiss her on the forehead. "Absolutely. I'm just so glad you loved it. The Rolling Stones truly are an amazing band. They don't perform together music these days but every now and then, they join forces and have a reunion concert."

    We listen to more songs by the Rolling Stones until it's time for dinner. At dinner, Gamora gushes about all of the Rolling Stones songs I introduced her too. Everyone seems really excited that Gamora has found a new interest aside from work related ones and myself, music. Music vivifies the soul in a very special way. By the way, since I'm a major food junkie, I must tell you that we had rib eye steak and sweet potatoes fries. Rocket has taken up cooking as a new hobby and I must say, he's pretty decent at it. Not that I'd tell him that to his face though, it would only inflate his ego even more if I did. 

     After dinner, we all wash dishes together before Gamora and I retreat back to my room to listen to even more Rolling Stones songs until the two of us drift off to sleep in one another's arms. What a tranquil yet awesome day! 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary