Buri #1

Buri #1

Bucky's POV

 Shuri has been my saving grace since I arrived in Wakanda. She's been visiting me during all of her free time, often brings me home cooked meals, has provided a roof over my head for the time being, and even a little bit of money. She's so gracious to me and I don't feel like I deserve it. I know I need the help but I still feel guilty about her bending over backwards for me. I see her across the field playing with a few children. The sight warms my heart. I quietly make my way towards them. Her and the children all grin at me... that is before the children leap at me. I hug them each one by one. They're absolutely adorable. 

   "Bucky, how are you doing?" I smile at her. "Quite well actually. How are you?" She mirrors my smile. "Quite well. I had a little break in my schedule and thought why not unleash my inner child again." I smirk at her. "I can see that." She whispers to the children to go back to their parents for now. They all hug her and I once more before obeying her instructions. When they're gone, Shuri looks at me giddily. "Bucky, you're going to love me." I laugh. "Don't I already?" She laughs. "You know what I mean. I managed to do something I didn't think I could do but I did it. Do you want to know what that something is?" I nod eagerly. "I'll be right back." She comes back a moment later with a large briefcase. She places it down on a rock and opens it slowly. 

    I gasp when she opens it all of the way. Inside of it, there appears to be a metal arm. I quickly put two and two together and take a step back. "No way... is this for me?" She smiles softly. "It sure is. It took me weeks to complete but it was worth it. Seeing the look on your face definitely makes all of grueling work on it worth it. Do you want to try it on?" I nod, allowing her to pull it out of the briefcase and hand it to me. Together, the two of us adjust it properly, getting it into place. I then move it around a bit to get a feel for its basic functions. I also really love the sleek look to it. "Shuri, it's amazing. This is hands down the best arm anyone has ever made me. Thank you."

       She bows playfully. "You're welcome Bucky. If you want some time to explore with it, I can leave you be." I frown a bit. "No, I don't want you to leave but I also don't want to hold you up from any work you have to do." She checks her schedule and grins. "It turns out that I have the rest of the day off from princess or science related duties. What do say, can we explore the fundamentals of your new arm together?" I grab a hold of her using my new arm. The sudden contact makes her jump a bit but then she relaxes quickly. "Absolutely darling." Not only do I have a new arm, but I'm well on my way to having the girl too. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! I managed to update today despite being exhausted. Two more busy days to go and hopefully my updates will even out again soon after that. :) -Mary