SpiderShuri #2

SpiderShuri #2

Peter's POV

 There's a new girl that just transferred to my school recently. She's becoming good friends with MJ. MJ knows that I'm interested in getting to know her new friend but don't have the courage to approach her myself. The only person I confide in about my crush on her friend is Ned. I wouldn't dare confide in MJ about her because she'd go back and tell Shuri. Shuri is the name of her new friend by the way. Shuri is a genius. I wish I could be intellectually be on her level but I'm not... that makes me a little insecure. 

   MJ ends up approaching me at my locker with Shuri following her close behind. "Hey Peter, meet Shuri. The two of you are both too chicken to talk to one another." Shuri pops out shyly from behind her. "I wish I could say that she's wrong but she's not." I blush a bit. "It's nice to meet you Shuri. You seem really cool. I'd love to get to know you more. Want to come with MJ, Ned, and I to the movies tonight? We're going to see The Mad Titan." Shuri grins. "Nice! I saw the trailer for that movie the other day and it looked dope. I'd love to go see it with you guys!" I grin. "I'll see you tonight then." Before I turn to go, Shuri stops me and grabs my phone. "You need my number in your phone." I grin even wider. "I'll be sure to text you." 

 That evening...

   Ned and I rode to the movie theater together while MJ and Shuri rode together. When the four of us meet up, the magic that I felt earlier is back again. Ned and MJ make sure to give Shuri and I a few moments to test our chemistry with each other. Let me tell you, the chemistry is indeed there. About halfway through the movie, Shuri leaps into my arms due to a jump scare. I take a deep breath, man up, and wrap my arms around her. "It's okay Shuri, it's just a movie. No need to be so scared." She laughs nervously. "Y-Yeah you're right, sorry Peter." I smile kindly at her. "No worries Shuri. You're cute when you're scared though." My hands immediately fly to my mouth and I gape at her like an idiot. 

      She goes from nervous to giddy. "You think I'm cute?" I blush and hide my face in my hands. She gives me a kiss on the cheek which just causes me to blush even more. "T-Thank you Shuri." Now it's my turn to be the nervous wreck, overthinking every moment of interaction between us today thus far. By the end of the movie, she is leaning her head on my shoulder. While neither of us has declared anything to be official between us, I'm sensing that that's what it will lead to in the near future. I do a happy dance in my head, not in front of anyone of course. I embarrass myself enough publicly as is. If I were Spiderman though, I'd be a lot more macho... oh well. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary