ThorDanvers #1

Thor Danvers #1

Carol's POV

 Being in the presence of the remaining Avengers is interesting to say the least. The one giving me the hardest stare down at Thor. He's silently trying to read me and is being overconfident as I had a hunch at he would be. This stare down lasts for what feels like minutes but actually is only about twenty seconds. Suddenly, a hammer comes whizzing by my face. It was literally mere inches from my face. He's either trying to intimidate me, see if my skills are up to par when it comes to defeating Thanos, or both. 

      The only slight attention that I gave to that hammer is to see if it would actually graze my skin or not. I did so subtly of course which I can tell surprises him. We then continue the stare down some more. He huffs and crosses his arms across his chest while I smirk at him. I've just proven to him and Natasha Romanoff that I am indeed worthy of fighting with the Avengers in this battle. He then smirks back, looks right into my eyes, and says "I like this one." I keep my cool on the outside but on the inside, I'm absolutely freaking out. Thor, the god of Thunder just said he likes me. He probably meant in the aspects of my strength but still. 

       Natasha smirks at him. "I told you I know a hero when I see one Thor. So what do you say, can she fight with us? I think we need her. We're lacking strong fighters around here." Thor nods. "The mighty Captain Marvel may indeed fight alongside us. Though Natasha, may I have a moment alone with her?" Natasha nods, giving me a pat on the shoulder on the way out of the room. When it's just the two of us, my heart begins to race and my palms become sweaty. Thor senses this and grins. "I don't bite Carol. I wanted to tell you in addition to how impressed I am by your abilities and strength, I find you absolutely stunning. When all of this is over, would you care to have a drink with me sometime?" 

           I take a moment before answering his question. Something about playfully teasing him like this excites me a lot. I don't wait too long though before answering with a resilient "yes." He grins and wraps an arm around me. "I'm glad to hear that. Now let's go train a bit. We're in the endgame now." I nod in agreement. "Indeed we are Thor. I just hope we win the endgame." The two of us end up locking hands out of nervousness. We clutch them together for a moment before separating and getting down to business. We can save any potential PDA for when we win and get those drinks together. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! I was really inspired to get a one shot up of them before I went to bed for the night. There won't be any updates tomorrow for sure so I suppose this extra update makes up for it. By the way, the new trailer for Avengers: Endgame is the best one yet. Here's my reaction video to it if you want to check that out as well. :) -Mary