Brutasha #1

Brutasha #1

Bruce's POV

 I need my girl, I really do. Somehow along the way, I lost control of myself and couldn't get myself to come back. I spent two years stuck as Hulk. Two years of precious time lost... I'll never be able to get that time back. No point in moping about though right? What's done is done, I just need to focus on the present. I'm back at Avengers HQ. I took a taxi here after meeting with Dr. Strange, Wong, and Tony at the Sanctum. I haven't set foot in this place for years, it feels unusual to me but yet like home all the same. 

   I see a blonde haired woman who has a body type similar to Natasha but when she turns around, I find myself face to face with Nat. She was deep in conversation with Steve, Rhodey, Sam, Wanda, and Vision. I'm pretty sure I interrupted a reunion but that's one of the things I do best. "I think you great Nat." All eyes are then on me and my heart begins to race. She looks so beautiful. She looks at me in shock and says "You're back" in a tone of disbelief. I nod shyly. "Yeah I am. I was stuck as the Hulk for two years, roaming around with Thor in space. I was brought back to Earth by Heimdall who has unfortunately passed away. His last wish was to bring me back to Earth and give us a bit more hope in the upcoming battle." 

     Vision nods grimly. "We know all about it. Wanda and I fought with a couple of Thanos' children up close. As you can tell, I'm not doing so hot at the moment. Steve, Natasha, and Sam came to help Wanda save me. The help is truly appreciated. If it weren't for them, I might not be alive right now." I look at him sympathetically before laying eyes on Nat once again who seems to be tensing up. "Bruce, whatever we had dissipated when you chose as Hulk to stop all contact with me. I love the both of you so much. I had my guard up for so long and you were the first man to tear it down. Did I even cross your mind in space?" 

      I tear up. "Of course I thought of you in space Nat, every single day. I constantly bothered Thor and Loki to help me find ways to contact you sooner. By the way, Loki is also dead. He died as a hero though which he deserved. I still love you, I'm always going to love you. I-I know that it might take me awhile to earn back your trust but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I still believe in us, the question is, do you?" Everyone stands in silence awaiting for her answer. Flickers of green form on my skin. Anxiety causes that from time to time. Nat moves closer to me and pulls me into a hug. "I still love you Bruce. It would be so much easier for me to stay angry at you but I can't. I can only imagine what it was like being stuck as Hulk for two years, let alone stuck as him on a strange planet." 

       I hug her back tightly but am careful not to crush her either. "I'm grateful that you still love me. We don't have to rush things at all but I just needed to know how you felt about me." We hug for a couple more minutes before pulling apart and getting down to business, that business being saving the universe from total destruction due to a mad Titan and his children. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary