WinterWidow #2

WinterWidow #2

Natasha's POV

  In addition to Clint coming with me to this strange planet in outer space, Bucky ended up showing up out of a random portal. I thought maybe the rest of the fallen heroes would show up as well but no, it's just him. Not that I'm not grateful to see him because I am. I embrace him tightly before looking into his eyes seriously. "Bucky, I don't know how you're here. I'm glad you are but we have business to attend to. Clint and I are here to obtain the soul stone. Now that you're here, you can come in case we need backup. Who knows what kind of surprise attacks we could get on a strange planet such as this one." He nods. "You got it Nat." 

    The three of us trek up a very large mountain before finally getting to the top. When we do, I'm practically out of breath. "I bet the others didn't have to hike up a mountain." Bucky laughs. "You got that right. I hike quite often despite not being overly found of it. Everyone goes hiking this days as a trend and then post pictures of them doing so all over social media. Social media is overrated." I snort. "I happen to agree. I'm only on social media to keep in touch with a few Avengers and to monitor S.H.I.E.L.D's secret online forum." Clint smirks. "My oldest child joined Instagram right before the snap. She was posting archery videos of herself. A couple of them got five thousand views. The fame was getting to hear head slightly."

     Bucky and I both chuckle at that. I put a hand on Clint's shoulder. "That's cute Clint." The three of us come to a sudden halt though when there's a red man wrapped up in a black cloak that appears in front of us. "Welcome Clint, Natasha, and Bucky. I know who three of you are as well as who you descended from. You seek the soul stone, what you don't know is that seeking the soul stone comes with a steep price. In order to take the soul stone, you must lose that which you love." Realization dawns on my face. I know what I have to do, I have to sacrifice my life to save billions of lives on Earth. Clint has a family to go back to and Steve and Sam depend on having Bucky in their lives. I know I'm loved but I'm not needed as much as Clint and Bucky are. 

     I take a deep breath and begin running towards the edge of the cliff. Clint notices me doing so first and uses a taser on me. I fall to the ground and I notice Bucky tackling Clint to the ground. At least the both of us agree that Clint needs to stick around. I then get up and tackle Bucky down. The amount of hurt on his face breaks my heart. "Bucky, it has to be me. We both know that's the truth. Steve and Sam need you and Clint has a family to tend to once they are brought back to life. I love you so much but you need to let me go." I take a large leap off of the edge of the cliff but a harness causes the three of us to dangle off of the edge of it. I look at the two of them sadly. "I love you both with all of my heart but please, let me go." The both of them are crying, looking sadder than I've ever seen them look in my life. I give them one last look of reassurance before letting go.

      As I literally fall to my death, I hear the two of them scream out my name. When I reach the bottom of the cliff, my vision goes back and I bleed out. I hope the both of them don't stare at my bloody corpse for too long. I'll look down on them both from heaven, rooting for their victory in getting the soul stone as well as the rest of the stones. They got this, I know they do. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary