CaptainRambeau #2

CaptainRambeau #2

Carol's POV

  Having dinner with Maria after everything that's happened over the last five years has been insane. Her and the little squirt who is now a grown woman is surreal. Both of them survived the snap but I didn't get the chance to check on them much during that period of time due to the devastation of the populations on so much many planets in the galaxy besides Earth. Both of them are aging while I'm staying the same. Due to my alien hybrid blood, I have a longer life span than regular humans. Snap out of it Carol, this is supposed to be a happy occasion. Don't make it a depressing one, you just have a knack for that. 

   "Maria, I'm so happy to be here. This truly feels like my second home to me. I wish I could see you and the grown squirt more often. It gets lonely at times being up in the cosmos doing hero work. Do you want to become part alien too?" She laughs but pats my knee gently. "You're a piece of work Carol. I love you so much. I'm good though, I prefer being a plain ol Jane. I'm nearing retiring for being an air force pilot. After next year, I'm going to become an instructor instead. As much as I love flying, I need to ease off on it a bit. I'm getting older and need to pave the way for the younger pilots. Once upon a time ago, that was us." 

    I clasp her hand in mine. "Just because we're getting older doesn't mean life is over for us. You need to remember that love." I kiss her on the forehead. "We'll be heading into our golden years soon enough. I've heard that those years are some of the most special ones." She sighs. "Yeah I suppose, just tell that to my joints. They bother me more and more each day." We all finish eating dinner, which tonight is chicken pot pie. We follow that up with key lime pie for dessert. It's a pie night for sure. The squirt excuses herself to take a shower so I lead Maria out to the porch. We sit down in rocking chairs and gaze up at the night sky. "Maria, the world is our oyster. Since becoming Captain Marvel, I've seen so much more of the world, of the entire galaxy. I want you to travel with me soon. What do you say?"

       She looks at me with a bit of surprise. "R-Really? You want me to travel to outer space with you? Will I survive that journey?" I smirk at her. "With me by your side, you definitely will. Come with me, please." She smiles softly at me. "Okay, I'll come with you. I just need to think about when is the best time to do so." I beam at her. "I love you too by the way. Don't think I forgot about saying those words to you. I mean them with all of my heart." We share a quick peck on the lips and continue star gazing. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary