CaptainRambeau #1

Author's Note: This one shot contains some spoilers from Captain Marvel so if you have yet to see the movie and/or don't want to find out about any spoilers, then I advise you to wait to read this one shot.

CaptainRambeau #1

Maria's POV

 I haven't seen my best friend and the woman I love most in this world since that devastating plane crash six years ago. All of this time, I thought that she was dead when it turns out she survived and associated with an alien species in some galaxy far away (sounds like a Star Wars movie plot when I put it like that). She developed this insanely strong powers due to the plane crash. She can shoot photon beams out of her hands, eyes, and other parts of her body. She nearly set my stove on fire just due to one simple touch. 

    My daughter Monica absolutely adores Carol, she always has. She addresses her as Auntie Carol and Carol addresses her by a cute nickname which really suits her, that being "Lieutenant Trouble." My baby girl means well but she tends to havoc trouble up to some degree. She's currently trying to jog Carol's memory by showing her some of her belongings, photos, etc. She vaguely remembers certain events but her memories were jogged quite a bit over the last few years. Regardless of how upset I am for having been gone so long without contacting me, I'm relieved that she's alive and well. 

      When my daughter and Nick Fury head upstairs to put away her things, I turn to Carol and look at her seriously. "Did you miss me? We were best friends Carol. We did everything together. There isn't anywhere you went that I didn't go or vice versa. Why didn't you contact me sooner?" She sighs. "I tried my hardest to contact you but out in the vast galaxy, contact signals are limited. When I landed on Earth not too long ago, I tried calling you from a payphone. I still had your phone number in my memory. It went to voicemail but I was too chicken in the moment to leave a voicemail so I panicked and hung up." There's a bit of silence before she speaks again. "Maria, I'm so sorry I put you and Monica through so much pain. You two are my world. I wish I could undo what's been done but I can't. The only thing I can do is ask for your forgiveness."

       I want to be upset with her still but the sincerity on her face makes it hard for me to stay that way. I sigh and embrace her into a hug. "I forgive you. I'm just glad you survived that horrible plane crash. We'll make up for the lost time somehow, someway. Monica's thrilled to have you back again too. That little girl loves you just as much as she does me, if not more so. Will you stay for a little while?" Carol kisses me on the forehead, causing my face to heat up a bit. "I'll stay for a little while." The atmosphere begins to lighten up after that for the time being. It feels like the good old days again. 

Hoped that you guys liked this one shot! :) -Mary