Heist

Lucy POV

We slipped by Shadow unnoticed, or at least that's what I hope so. We quickly squeezed ourselves in Mai's grey 8 seater car and drove off.

Mai began swerving left and right, ignoring red traffic lights and incoming cars. I gripped onto the seat in front of me and felt my body being pushed left and right.

"Drive..carefully..please.." Erza whispered.

Wendy was focused on Erza's wounds. She had her hands pressed against Erza's abdomen and a green light surrounded them.

"Isn't using magic painful? You shouldn't force yourself," Yukino advised.

Wendy stopped her magic and smiled softly. "You remind me of Carla and how much I miss her," Wendy said with a tint of pink on her face.

Yukino formed her lips to an 'o' shape and smiled. "That's good to hea-"

Wendy turned green and held her stomach. "I'm gwunna pwuke," She said while gagging a little.

"Nani?" I shouted, "It still affects you?"

"Of ccwourrse," Wendy covered her mouth and shut her eyes closed.

"Are we near or far?" Yukino changed the subject.

Mai mustered a small grin, "it's right up ahead! Once I stopped the car, you girls should make a run for i-" suddenly, a dark figure jumped in front of the car causing all the girls to scream at the top of their lungs.

Shadow menacingly stared at them while punching a hole on the car.

"Good evening ladies," he greeted.

Mai clenched her steering wheel and furrowed her eyebrows. "MY CAR!" She yelled while reversing the car immediately and drove away at high speed—causing Shadow to fall down and hit his head.

"He's coming! He's coming!" Juvia wailed.

"Move faster!" Kagura demanded while frantically looking back.

Shadow was chasing after the car and was an inch away. Mai focused on the road and pressed on the gear. Everyone was huddled together, sweating and crying as they watch a Monster chase them.

Levy covered her eyes and let the tears flow. "I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die!!" She cried.

I pulled her closer to me and hugged her tightly. "We'll be alright, calm down Levy.." I whispered.

"Fuck it," Mira grunted. She opened the door slightly and looked out.

"Mira! What are you doing?" I yelled but my voice was canceled by the sound of the car engine buzzing loudly.

"SOUL EXTINCTOR!" Mira casted.

She aimed her hand towards Shadow and a huge dark globe shot towards Shadow who dodged it with ease. Mira gritted her teeth and closed the door back.

"So..that didn't work.." she mumbled awkwardly.

"It's there!" Mai exclaimed.

She placed one hand on the steering wheel and used the other to rummaged through her pocket. She took out an almost torn brown notebook which looked ancient. Some of its paper were about to fall out and it was bonded loosely with a thin piece of string.

"My mom was fond of these type of things and this is her "spell" book. One of it can be used to alter time, way before this all occurred!" Mai shouted, not taking her eyes off the road.

I held out my hand and grabbed the notebook.

"Guard it with your life!" Mai quickly added.

I nodded my head vigorously. The others had panic written on their faces as they frantically looked back to check on Shadow.