Goku X Reader (High School)

I walked into the cafeteria and sat in my normal seat with my normal friends. I yawned and put my head on my arms on the table.

"What has you so tired?" Nick, my best friend, asked me. I turned my head a little and yawned again.

"Just couldn't sleep" I shrugged as I lifted my head. My eyes wondered to the table near the entrance and I watched Goku, Chi-Chi, Bulma, and the other popular kids laugh at something Krillin did.

I've always had a huge crush on Goku but I'm pretty sure he didn't even know I existed. I wasn't one of the popular kids, I was just a normal nobody. I had a small group of friends I talked to and hung out with and that was it.

"Earth to Y/n" Nick said as he waved his hand in my face. I blinked a few times and looked at him, yawning again.

"What?" I asked.

"You were staring again" He laughed.

"I wasn't staring" I scoffed.

"Just admit you like him" Nick rolled his eyes at me.

"I won't because I don't" I said as I sat up and stretched my arms over my head. The first bell rang and that meant first period would be starting soon. Everyone got up from their tables and walked to their class. My first class of the day was science.

Nick and I walked into the room and sat in our normal seats on the far left.

"Morning everyone!" Goku said as he smiled at the class and walked to his seat. He does this every morning and it's always nice to hear. He's always so happy and sweet towards everyone but I've always been way too intimidated to talk to him.

He sat down to the far left with Bulma and Vegeta and I glanced over at them for a moment.

"Okay class" Mrs. Bahne said as she closed the door to the room.

"This week I want to have a mini science contest. You'll be working in pairs of two to create a science project worthy of my blue ribbon" She said as she held up a blue ribbon in her hand.

"I want to be interested and blown away" She set the ribbon down and picked up a piece of paper.

"Now, the pairings arrrreee..."

"Wait, we can't pick?" Bulma asked her.

"No. Okay, the pairings are Bulma with Vegeta" She said as she looked to the pair.

"I'm not doing all the work on this one!" Bulma said as she crossed her arms and glared at Vegeta. He rolled his eyes and kept them forward.

"Next is Josh and Tyler" She said. Two boys high-fived each other and Nick leaned close to me.

"At least she's pairing everyone with friends" He whispered.

"Kayla and Cassandra"

"Bethanie and Nate"

"Cameron and Cody"

"Nick and Hayley"

"Wait" I whispered as I looked away from Nick and to Mrs. Bahne. Everyone else was paired up with a friend until she got to Nick. He and Hayley have never even spoken before??

"Y/n and Goku"

"Why can't I be paired with Nick?" I asked her.

"Because that's not how I want it" She smiled and continued reading names off of the list. When she got to the end she told everyone to sit by their partner. I sighed as Nick got up and walked over to the desk next to Hayley. Goku sat next to me and smiled at me. My heart began to race, my hands got sweaty, and I couldn't think straight.