3. House Visit

1013 Words~ Excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ If I did, Kaito would be injured more often~

'I wish Hakuba could have not been his nosy self for once in his life'

Kaito couldn't breathe right, he had used one of his self made corsets that reached the top of his shoulder blades to completely crush his wings against his back. Every breath felt strained against the material's hold. On top of that his wings were in agony, he just knew that the bones in them were broken. That didn't matter though, he'd dealt with broken bones before and he didn't need nor want wings.

Indigos gazed into the blond's golden eyes, reading the detective. Saguru's concern actually seemed to be completely genuine for once, a fact that the brunette wasn't sure he knew how to deal with.

"Really?" The magician questioned, skepticism lacing his words. He magicked a deck of cards and began to do the simple card tricks that he could do while laying on his stomach. "From the way you always avoid me, I'd say you hated me" Kaito mused, eyes focusing on his tricks, the distraction took some of the edge off of his pain.

'Though ever since the presence of snipers became known by the police, he has stopped publicly accusing me. Which is good, I don't want any more connections to Kid for Snake to notice'

"That is because with you around, I never know when I'll suddenly be sporting a new hair colour" Saguru drawled, mildly impressed by the magician's card tricks. He didn't usually have the luxury of just observing the other's tricks. "But when you're not being a lunatic your presence is tolerable" He added, Kaito was a useful person to have around, when said person wasn't causing problems.

'My wings are feeling numb... it's weird'

"Awww Haku-chan doesn't hate me" The magician cooed, batting his eyes innocently.

"Please don't do that Kuroba, it's highly disturbing when you attempt to act innocent. Everyone knows that you're anything but" Saguru grimaced before quickly adding. "And no, I'm not referring to Kid, so there is no need to blow up on me" Kaito closed his mouth, he had previously opened it to defend himself from accusations.

'So tired...'

"Well on to the main subject, as you can see, I'm not dying" Kaito added, wanting to speed up the conversation so that he could just rest.

The blond shook his head, slowly reaching over towards the brunette who had stilled his tricks. Too tired to move away, Kaito settled for a suspicious glare as Saguru gently took hold of his wrist. "You're much thinner than you were yesterday, and you're trembling. I can't see the trembling, but I can feel it" Kaito tried to tug his hand away but the detective's grip was too strong. "And you're also weak, I know that you'd normally be able to get away" Saguru concluded, concern growing at the weak, but steady pulse.

'Detectives... Always detecting...'

Indigos narrowed, a firm frown on the magician's face as he looked away. "I'm fine Hakubastard" He growled, seriously regretting letting the blond in. He'd overestimated himself, he hadn't really thought about how Saguru was a competent detective since he was so used to fooling him. He blamed the blood loss for making him unable to think straight.

'I don't even have the strength to kick him out. I've got to make him leave on his own'

The blond pursed his lips, Kaito seemed to be losing energy fast. He wondered if the magician knew that his poker face was crumbling swiftly as the conversation continued. "Then please answer this question, for my own sake of mind if nothing else" Saguru let out a breath before continuing. "Will you recover well from your illness?" His voice soft as he held onto the boy's pulse point on the wrist.

'What sort of question is that?'

"Of course! Everything's fine. I'll get better in no time" Kaito's teased, rolling his eyes at the other's words, missing how fear flashed over Saguru's face briefly. "You're acting all weird today, are you sure you're not the one who is ill?" Kaito laughed, holding back a wince, knowing that the detective would be highly alarmed if he showed visible pain. Sometimes being known for one's poker face was a pain.

'Okay, laughing bad when binding wings'

"I see..." Saguru trailed off before releasing the younger's wrist. "I'm sorry for intruding Kuroba, it was a relief to know that you're not too unwell" The blond replied, standing up from his seat.

'Ah finally leaving, I can go back to resting soon'

Kaito gave a lazy wave towards the door, he knew that refuting the possibility of him being sick wouldn't work. He knew he looked horrible and to deny so would raise suspicion. "You can see yourself out Hakuba! Don't let Ahoko in if you see her, the door locks automatically" The brunette replied, making no move to follow the other out, he had no need to be polite to Saguru.

'Hurry up and leave, the pain medication is wearing off...'

Knowing that he was no longer welcome, or at least was now less welcome than before, Saguru left the magician's residence. Heart heavy with concern, the magician's pulse had risen when he said he'd be fine. Which meant the trickster had lied, or didn't believe he'd be okay.

Kaito let out a soft whine once he was completely sure Saguru wasn't in hearing range. He needed more pain meds, but he didn't think he could get up to get them. He let out a short whistle and Tsuki, one of his younger doves flew over. "Hey Tsuki, can you get me pain meds?" Kaito asked, giving the girl a few nice scratches on her chest before she took off.

After a minute, Tsuki came back with a pill bottle hanging from a string in her mouth. He loved his doves, he didn't know how people could live without them. "Thank you Tsuki" The magician chuckled after taking two aspirin, he then gave her a few dove treats as he waited for the medication to kick in.

Me: hope you enjoyed~ this was interesting~ Hakuba was dealing with a mellowed Kaito~ It makes you think about Kaito's condition~ I'll update within 7 days of posting this part~