51. Unsure

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito and I hope you enjoy~

Written July 21 2019
Posted October 13 2019

Reason for posting early: It bugs me that at Monday the chapter numbers are always uneven •^•

Another chappy will be tomorrow to fix that problem, it's been bugging me for long enough

"Good, because I truly think that you're overreacting over how bad your scars are" Saguru stated, eyes narrowing in thought for a few moments "When was the last time that you've actually looked at your face without any cover on?"

Kaito blinked before shrugging, he didn't actually remember. Though he did start to purposely avoid looking at himself after losing his eye. "I can't honestly remember, I usually reapply the fake skin without a mirror" The magician admitted.

'I didn't like seeing the scars and remembering the pain... It was easier to forget and ignore'

The blond let out a sigh "It was most likely soon after receiving your injuries, the scars were still raw then" He gave the magician a firm pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry, they've faded greatly from what I assume were once startlingly vibrant scars. I really think that you should take a look at your face once your vision returns"

Kaito gave a small smile "If you insist, then I guess I have to" He sighed, a little nervous. His friend didn't have the greatest taste in clothes, which made him wonder if the detective's aesthetic tastes were just as bad. He believed that Saguru wasn't lying, he just didn't have much faith in his tastes.

'I've got to mentally prepare myself to not react badly and make him feel guilty when I do follow through... Saguru did used to walk around in public dressed like Sherlock Holmes after all...'

"Good" Saguru nodded in approval "Its weird seeing you sound unsure about yourself" He admitted, though it was nice that Kaito wasn't hiding himself like before.

*

"Akako-Chan!" The red witch looked over in surprise to see Aoko running towards her. She'd been picking up some new items for potential spells.

"It's a surprise to see you here Aoko-Chan" Akako greeted, swiftly using her magic to transport some of the potentially suspicious items from her shopping bags into her house. She didn't need to carry them back, she'd just felt like doing something like a normal person for once.

'It's quite late out, especially for Aoko-Chan to be walking all alone'

"Aoko just wanted to walk around, Aoko didn't want to be cooped up in her house" Aoko replied with a shrug, normally she'd have Keiko or Kaito with her but Keiko was busy and she wasn't ready to see Kaito yet.

"It's dangerous for us girls to be alone, would you like to accompany me?" Akako inquired, not one to miss out on a chance to obtain what she wanted. In this case, Aoko's affection.

'Kuroba has already removed his claim from Aoko-Chan'

Aoko nodded after a moment's thought "Aoko would enjoy spending time with Akako-Chan"

*

"When my magic is restored and somehow heals me, I'm healing your hands" Saguru blinked at the offhand comment.

"I guess Kaitou Kid isn't one to miss details" Saguru smirked, his hands were barely even burnt and he'd have already forgotten about them if it weren't for the bandages covering his fingers. "It's fine, the burns were barely even mild at worst. I quickly let go when pain registered" He reassured.

'He most likely received the burns in his efforts to save me'

Kaito shrugged, leaning back into the armchair "It would be good practice, I'd like to eventually hone my healing abilities to their full potential" He breathed. If he was good at healing people, less people would be in danger during his heists since he could secretly heal them.

"That does make sense, though maybe you should try practicing on dead or damaged plants first, just to be on the safe side" The blond was curious to know if the magician's magic would work on life forms that contained no blood.

Kaito grimaced "Yeah... I'm lucky I guess that my magic went right when I unconsciously used it to help me and Kudo. I could have healed something wrong like if one of us had a broken bone and it just healed like that instead of being set in place first" He shifted his wings, suddenly grateful that Saguru had taken care of them properly when he'd damaged them.

'I almost did something that I would've really regretted...'

"True, any bones healed wrong would have had to be re-broken and set" Saguru admitted, broken bones hurt enough the first time, nobody wanted a repeat.

"Thanks for caring for me despite my stupidity" Kaito smirked, fanning his wings out for demonstration. "It really would have sucked to have to fix my wings after Akako gave me the ability to hide them with a glamour"

Saguru scoffed "I believe that despite your high intelligence, that you will often be doing something stupidly" He finished with a smirk.

*

"That movie was really fun Akako-Chan! Aoko really enjoyed it!" Aoko smiled as they walked up to her house, they'd watched a nice movie involving a bunch of talking animals. "Are you sure Aoko doesn't have to pay you back?"

'Aoko feels a little guilty that Akako-Chan spent so much money, theatre food is overpriced...'

Akako gave her a smile "Its fine Aoko-Chan, I have a lot of money. It's nice to spend it on others sometimes"

'Akako-Chan is so nice, Bakaito is an idiot for avoiding her!'

"Aoko will still pay you back next time!" Aoko promised.

"Oh? There would be a next time?" Akako replied with a small smirk "I will be looking forward to it then" She quickly gave Aoko a short kiss on the cheek, not wanting to startle her but still wanting to state her intentions. "Today was a nice date" She breathed before walking away, smirking at how her cheeks flushed red.

'Date?!?'

Aoko quickly entered her house, her face burning.

'Aoko was on a date with Akako-Chan?! But Akako-Chan is so popular and pretty!'

She frowned, a little unsure.

'But Aoko is still hurting over Kaito...'

She'd had fun hanging out with Akako, it had been refreshing compared to when she'd dragged Kaito around.

'Aoko needs to talk to Akako-Chan...'

Me: Akako is making her move~ I see her as the kind of person to take what she wants (for obvious reasons... *cough* magic chocolate) hopefully she doesn't end up hurting Aoko in the process~

Berry wants a pet bird since they're so cute >^< but birds more difficult to care for than rats... berry doesn't want that effort...

So berry won't ever have bird •^• since they live for so long (Parrots over 100 years)