80. Trauma

1005 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 22k Views~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written October 27 2019
Posted January 11 2020

Kaito frowned when he felt the blond tense at his words, concern filled him. Had something happened to Baaya? "Hey, Saguru?" His voice was soft as he continued "What happened?" Something had to be wrong for the blond to act that way.

'I have a really bad feeling...'

Saguru closed his eyes, lowering his head so that it was resting against Kaito's shoulder "Baaya she..." He swallowed, tears pricking at his eyes. He'd been trying not to think about it too much "She was killed by the people who captured you" His voice was barely audible near the end.

'Shit, I'd been hoping that Baaya's support was what had kept him strong'

The magician allowed his own tears to fall at the thought, Saguru hadn't had much support himself "She was really awesome" Kaito breathed, it was the truth. Saying that he was sorry wouldn't have changed anything, so he'd decided to praise her life instead. It was better to bring in positives to horrible situations than to make them worse.

'Saguru doesn't need to know that she traded me for his safety, or that I allowed her to. Baaya was awesome enough that she should be remembered by her good deeds instead'

A faint, but weak smile tugged at the blond's lips "Yeah" His voice cracked "She really was the best" Baaya had helped him out so many times throughout his life that he was pretty sure that he'd be a different person without her influence. She was the one who'd given him the push needed to actually get close to and befriend Kaito.

Kaito wrapped his arms around the other's neck and used his weight to knock Saguru over so that they were laying down on the bed together "I know how you feel, losing a parent hurts" Baaya was a parent to Saguru in everything but blood "Having someone to hug helps with the pain" He'd had Aoko when his father had died, but he wasn't sure if Saguru had anyone while he was captured.

'Saguru probably holed himself up all alone'

Saguru gave Kaito a teary smile "And I thought that I was supposed to be the one comforting you" He breathed, allowing the magician to snuggle up against him.

"Knowing you, you've probably been holding it in all this time" Kaito chuckled, nuzzling the blond's neck "Don't worry, soon you're going to have to let me cry to you" Saguru needed this right now, he could hold in his pain for a little longer. He was a master at it.

*

Saguru was woken by a hit to the face and the sound of shuffling bed sheets followed by a dull thud. Both confused and concerned, he glanced over the bed to see a frazzled looking Kaito. The magician was crouched down on the floor hugging himself, his whole body shaking "Kaito?" He inquired softly, not wanting to spook him. It would be a pain to go through another episode like before.

'He was fine with touch while awake, so why is he like this?'

At the sound of his voice the magician froze, Saguru tensed, just in case he had to chase Kaito again. Indigos blinked in confusion, suddenly clearing "Saguru?" From his voice, the detective could tell that Kaito was confused.

'At least he snapped out of it quickly enough'

"What happened?" He asked, getting up from the bed to crouch down next to the still shaking teen.

Kaito blinked before a mixture of embarrassment and shame crossed over his face "I thought that I was back there for a moment..." Waking up to a presence near him had set all of his instincts on high alert. He lowered his head "They were always touching me or doing something to me whenever I was unconscious..." He'd spent most of his time there unconscious so it was a given. He leaned against Saguru's shoulder "I'm fine with touch..." He paused for a moment "But maybe not waking up to being touched?" He wasn't sure.

The blond inwardly cursed the scientists, for them to have left such an effect on Kaito, he wanted them to pay "It's fine" It really was, he didn't mind getting smacked by Kaito if it meant that he could be near him "It's normal for you to react like that in this case" So Kaito may have some form of PTSD, hopefully the magician would consent to getting help, or at least allow Saguru to help him.

'Even the strongest of people need emotional support, I will do my best to help him'

The magician frowned, glancing at Saguru "I hit you again didn't I?" He bit his lip, he really didn't like not being in proper control of his emotions. It was frustrating that his body kept on acting out without his permission.

Gold softened as the detective poked the younger's cheek "Stop biting on your lip" He'd noticed that there were faint traces of scarring on the bottom lip that hadn't been there before "You didn't mean to hurt me so it's fine" He soothed "You thought that you were in danger so you were protecting yourself" He reached over and ruffled the magician's hair, he needed a bit of a trim "I'm sure that your reactions will eventually fade, it hasn't even been that long since you've been free"

'I'd rather have him wake up defending himself than have him waking up feeling hopeless. At least if he's fighting it means that he still has his spirit'

Kaito went to bite his lip but stopped himself "I still don't like the fact that I keep hitting you" Hurt was present within his eye "What if I really hurt you one day?" He didn't want to hurt him, he hated hurting people.

"Then you can just heal me and we'll talk it out and get you more help okay?" He highly doubted that Kaito would accidentally really hurt him. The other's attacks had been more focused on defence instead of dealing damage. The magician wasn't the kind of person to intentionally hurt anyone "I won't let you hurt me if I can help it" He soothed.

Me: So Kaito has some PTSD~ Hopefully they can learn how to manage it

^-^ Baaya is still good in Saguru's mind~ he would have been so hurt if he found out what she did, and what Kaito let her do. Both Baaya and Kaito were in the wrong XP

Hope you enjoyed~