84. Chapter 84

1002 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 2 2019
Posted January 23 2020

Extra chappy in celebration of this being officially pre-written QAQ

Berry will keep mostly to schedule after this until she has a sufficient stockpile of her next book to prevent missing deadlines~

Saguru's gaze darkened a bit "Kaito had already been somewhat underweight even before he'd been taken" Baaya had been helpful in helping Kaito regain some weight, but then everything had gone wrong before Kaito had managed to get to a proper weight. His fingers clenched, Baaya wasn't around to help them this time around. He missed her.

'I'm not as great of a cook as Baaya was, and I doubt that take out would be too good for him in the long run...'

"Kuroba will probably always be at least a little underweight" Shinichi breathed, he'd noticed the magician's thinness during his check up with him at the mansion, but had decided not to comment on it at the time "It's just the way his body works" He knew that Kaito was by no means skimping on his meals, it was actually the opposite. The magician ate quite a lot, whenever he remembered to eat that is.

The blond nodded in agreement "Believe me, I know" A small smile played on his lips as he remembered watching Kaito consume an ungodly amount of chocolate "It's actually quite shocking that he's as lean as he is" So many people would kill to be able to have a metabolism like Kaito's.

Shinichi smirked "I'll leave to let you eat in peace" Azure gleamed "You should probably eat first before waking him up. Kuroba may put up a fit at not being able to eat solids and might try to take some of yours instead" Saguru snorted, that was a very real possibility.

'I don't want him to make himself sick on my food'

*

Kaito was startled awake by something hitting him, it hadn't hurt though. Indigo blinked open in confusion, he grabbed the pillow covering his face and moved it to clear his vision. He stared blankly at the pillow for a moment before turning towards Saguru "Did you just throw a pillow at me?" He inquired, feeling surprised for some reason.

'At least the pillow was soft'

"I figured that it would be better than shaking you awake" Saguru breathed, knowing that Kaito wouldn't like being touched as he woke up. His gaze narrowed, Kaito's reaction seemed a little slow.

The magician nodded, feeling a little dazed for some reason "Thanks" He breathed, appreciating the other's kindness.

The blond flicked Kaito's forehead, taking the other's hands into his own, forcing them to uncurl "How would you feel about wearing gloves for now?" He asked softly, watching as tiny crescent shaped cuts on his hands healed. Kaito bit his lip.

'I didn't notice, again'

"I think that would be good" He sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat "I'm not trying to hurt myself but..." He was doing so anyways. Hopefully he'd stop once he was more put together.

Gold softened at how downtrodden Kaito looked, he believed the other's words. Kaito's actions hadn't seemed purposeful, though that in itself was a tad worrisome. Kaito's actions used to always have a purpose "It's fine, I know that you aren't like that" He soothed "You're just a bit off since you haven't been able to move properly for a long time" He just prayed that it could be fixed with time and wasn't permanent. Magicians needed to be precise in their actions.

Kaito frowned, glancing down at both his hands and arms, there were quite a few new scars on them. Ones that the scientists hadn't made. He could also taste a bit of blood in his mouth, meaning that he'd broken the skin on his lip, again "I really don't like this" He doubted that there was a way to stop him from biting his lip.

'I want to be in complete control again...'

"Maybe some food will cheer you up" Saguru stated as he grabbed the tray and put it within Kaito's sight "I've already eaten, so now it's your turn to eat" He breathed, placing the tray onto the magician's lap.

The other blinked, it had been so long since he remembered eating. The last clear memory had been that meal where Baaya had drugged him "A smoothie?" Sure he liked them, but he sort of wanted something that he could chew.

'At least there's some chocolate pudding too'

"The smoothie should be chock full of nutrients" He explained as the magician picked up the cup "Your body might not be able to handle any solid foods right now"

Kaito raised a brow "You guys aren't sure?" That was a little surprising.

Saguru shrugged, averting his gaze "We didn't want to run too many tests on you without your permission" He let out a breath "Only the bare minimum was done to make sure that you didn't need anything immediately" They hadn't wanted Kaito to suddenly die due to them missing something important.

He grimaced at the thought of tests "Thanks, I really appreciate that" Though he didn't like how the other had mentioned the possibility of more tests. He knew that he probably needed some, but he just didn't want any more tests. Just because he trusted them, didn't mean that he was fine with more tests.

'At least they've waited and didn't do them all while I was unconscious'

The blond watched as Kaito began to take slow, cautious sips from the smoothie. It was odd to see him taking his time to eat it rather than eat it quickly "I don't think that there are any immediate tests that need to be done" He soothed, noting the other's nervousness. There were truly no tests that couldn't wait a bit before being done.

"That's probably because my magic is fixing things right?" Kaito inquired softly, gaze lowered. He currently didn't really feel right, but he felt a lot better than before he'd fallen asleep. He kinda liked how his magic was a bit cheaty.

'I can feel my magic working, but I don't really understand what it's doing to me yet...'

Saguru nodded "You're assumption is correct" He gave a small smile "We're all sort of hoping that your magic will do everything needed" They didn't want to stress Kaito too soon and risk his health further.

Me: This was interesting to write~

hope you enjoyed~

I'm so excited for your guys' reactions to the rest of this book~ want to spam... but must resist •^•

Gotta be responsible XD