77. Shock, Truths, Horror

1008 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

Written October 25 2019
Posted December 30 2019

The audible sound of footsteps approaching snapped Kaito out of the half daze that he'd been in. He hadn't really been sleeping despite how tired he felt, he'd tried to sleep, but his body just wasn't having it. So instead his body had compromised with allowing him to stare blankly without any thoughts at the ceiling, not really seeing anything nor thinking of anything.

'I thought that they were going to leave me alone'

He rolled over onto his side, facing away from where the footsteps had stopped near his bed. He curled up in defiance, his wings covering him safely to show that he didn't want to talk to whoever had disturbed his rest.

Shinichi shook his head in exasperation at the magician's antics, they were childish "There are a few things that I need to tell you Kuroba" He stated, observing the other's posture. It was a little surprising that Kaito hadn't put his wings away yet. Weren't they the cause of his current dilemma?

'Gah, I don't want to deal with Kudo right now'

Kaito let out a soft sigh, indigos narrowing as he sat himself up, he knew that the sleuth wouldn't be bothering him if it wasn't important. Though that still didn't mean that he liked it. He sent an additional jolt of magic towards his throat before deciding that he may as well trey to speak "And that is?" He inquired, pleased when only a faint jab of pain was present. Soon there would be no pain when he spoke.

Azure eyes softened a bit as Shinichi took a seat in one of the many chairs near the bed "I went through the files regarding you" He stated, not wanting to beat around the bush "I know what happened to you so you don't have to censor things" The magician was a kind person, he'd probably would have hidden things to protect other's feelings. He wanted Kaito to know that he didn't have to do that, that he could speak openly with him if he wished to.

'So he knows what happened... Should I ask?'

Conflicted indigos observed the other, he really wanted to know, but at the same time he didn't "I don't really remember that much" He replied softly, hands clenching lightly at the bed sheets. Shinichi was smart enough to know what to do with that little bit of information.

Shinichi nodded, he'd had a vague suspicion that'd be the case, the amount of drugs that were being pumped into Kaito during that time was alarming. He could already see the signs of sedative withdrawal showing. Kaito was sweating a fair amount, his body was faintly trembling and he hadn't been sleeping. He also may have had a small bout of delirium after waking up, though on that he wasn't sure. He'd seen traces of blood on both the inspector and Saguru, though he'd need to ask for more details later "I had guessed that might be the case" Shinichi breathed "I came to tell you some of the important findings about what those people had done to you" He replied, Kaito had the right to know about his own body and he'd only tell more if the magician asked. There was no need to further burden Kaito more than necessary.

'So some things were discovered?'

Kaito swallowed a little roughly, the action surprising even himself "Please tell me" His voice was soft as he lowered his gaze towards the bed. His fingers tightened their grip on the sheets.

The sleuth frowned at the docile action before making his face go neutral "Well..." He winced at the pathetic start, he coughed and tried again. He didn't really know how to explain it well so he'd just stick with the facts "You are impotent" He stated, deciding to get the least awkward information out of the way first.

Indigos widened, a bright blush dusting the younger's cheeks at the information "Why were they even looking into my biology in that way?!" He spluttered, a small shiver running down his spine. That meant that the scientists had collected his sperm, he buried his face into his hands, thoroughly mortified.

'That's just... I don't know how to think or feel about that...'

Shinichi pursed his lips, looking uneasy on the magician's part "They're scientists, you were considered a new species..." His words trailed off "They wanted to breed you to make more of you" He finished.

"Breed me?!" Kaito now looked visibly nauseous, Shinichi didn't blame him, he felt the same. Panicked indigos met azure "But they failed right? You said that I was impotent" He was too young to think about kids, especially ones that he didn't even consent to.

'So I really was just an animal to them...'

The sleuth nodded "You have no offspring, but..." He winced "They gave you some hormones to kick start your systems into producing eggs" He ignored Kaito's horrified gasp and carried on "With that information they began new breeding attempts with artificially inseminating you" He gave Kaito a concerned glance, the magician was breathing too quickly "They failed, okay, they failed" He soothed, risking bringing Kaito closer to give him a hug "It was only done artificially" He pressed, knowing that even then it was still horrible.

Kaito leaned into the touch, it wasn't impersonal and forced on him like the scientists. This touch was instead comforting. A low whine escape from him as he latched on, he could feel his body shaking, but he didn't know the cause. Those people had touched him multiple times, and he hadn't even noticed it. He felt all gross all of a sudden. He wanted a shower.

'How could people even do something like that?! I don't understand...'

It felt really weird holding the sobbing magician like this but he didn't push him away "That's mainly all you needed to know besides them cutting into you and drugging you" Shinichi murmured.

The magician nodded into the other's shoulder "I-" He stuttered a bit "Is there a place I can shower?" He wanted to be clean, he also wanted to be the one to clean himself for once.

Me: Poor Kaito still has a lot to deal with, good thing Shinichi is distanced enough to be able to give Kaito the bad news without breaking down himself.

With Hakuba and Kaito's bond, Hakuba may be too distressed himself to help Kaito...

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~