81. Comforting Touch

1003 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 9 2019
Posted January 13 2020

Kaito gave him a weak smile in response "Good" He breathed "I already feel horrible for hitting you just now" Indigo gleamed, but not as brightly as they normally would have "I'd probably end up feeling like scum if I kept hurting you and you actually allowed me to" He didn't like hurting people, not really. It didn't matter if he could just heal them, truly hurting others just felt wrong. Especially if the person that he was harming, was someone dear to him, like Saguru.

'I'm not really in complete control of my actions right now so I've got to be careful'

Saguru nodded in understanding "I figured" It was one of his favourite qualities about the other, the fact that it hadn't changed was relieving "You're too wonderful a person to not be bothered about hurting those you care about" He took Kaito's left hand in his own and brought it up to his lips to deliver a quick kiss to the top. Gold eyes studying the other's reaction. He wasn't sure if the other was still okay with touches like that.

The magician felt both his cheeks and ears warm at the contact, those golden eyes were mesmerising "I'm not really all that special..." He knew he was special, but he wasn't nearly as special as Saguru was making him out to be. He had hoped that something bad had happened to one of the scientists after all, and now looking back at it, he felt guilty.

'Dad didn't teach me to want horrible things to happen to others...'

The blond gently took Kaito's other hand into his own, stopping the younger's nails from digging into flesh "Where's the cocky little shit of a magician that I fell in love with?" He inquired, grinning softly when Kaito's blush deepened. It was odd for Kaito to not boast about himself when given the chance.

Kaito glanced away, fingers curling into Saguru's "He's kinda feeling a little defeated right now" This was twice now that he'd been captured so easily and had been too helpless to escape himself. Even though he knew that the last time wasn't truly his fault since he'd been drugged, it still bothered him.

'I hate feeling helpless...'

Gold softened in sympathy, releasing Kaito's hands so that he can cup the younger's face "Stop being an idiot" He chided "Not many people would be as sane as you are right now if they were in your position" He paused before continuing "You're a winner in my eyes" Sure Kaito was a little damaged from his experiences, but he was still priceless.

A small giggle escaped from Kaito's lips "So you don't consider me completely sane?"

Saguru smirked "You were never sane to begin with" Kaito was a crazy nutball magician with a shining heart and tenacious will. Kaito turned crazy into a good thing "A little more crazy is fine" He'd adjust to better help Kaito heal.

'That's true... I have done some crazy things in my life'

Kaito closed his eyes and leaned against the other, enjoying Saguru's calming presence. There was so much that he wanted to confide in the other about "Hey Saguru?" He asked, voice unusually soft.

The blond raised a brow "Yes Kaito?" He inquired, curious to know what the other wanted to tell him. Kaito had sounded oddly unsure.

The magician gently worried his lip "Kudo told me a bit of what happened to me" A small wave of nausea hit him as he thought about the information.

'I don't want to tell him, but I'll probably feel a little better if I do'

Saguru frowned "You truly didn't know?" That was odd.

Kaito shook his head, burying his face into the crook of the older's neck. He felt safe like this "No, I barely remember a thing" His words trailed off "I was constantly drugged" He swallowed "They did everything for me..." His voice wavered "I remember regaining a bit of consciousness once while I was being bathed" There was a crack as he spoke "I wanted to move away, I tried so hard" A shiver went through him as he shook his head, shoulders dipping "But my body wouldn't move" He sniffled "I was forced to lay there as they bathed me" It had been humiliating to be treated as something less than a human.

'And I couldn't do a thing to stop it...'

Gold darkened in fury, he hated how Kaito sounded so broken "They didn't?" He knew that it was a difficult question, but he just had to ask.

A small tremble ran through his frame as he shook his head once more "Not really?" He sounded unsure even to himself "But I wasn't actually raped" He quickly tacked on when he felt the older tense "I was just..." Molested, violated, and treated like a valued specimen "Touched" He finished weakly.

Tears prickled in the corners of his eyes as Saguru wrapped his arms around the magician, wanting to protect him "Oh Kaito..." He breathed, heart clenching for his love "I still love you more than anything" He promised, knowing that some victims of sexual assault don't see themselves as worthy after the act. His tears fell at the thought, that's what Kaito was, a victim.

A watery laugh escaped from the brunette's lips "I never doubted that" Saguru was too kind and understanding to toss him away.

'I just know that the information will hurt you too...'

Saguru let out a relieved breath "I'm grateful for your faith in me" It was a relief to know that Kaito won't try to end their relationship out of self loathing.

"I just..." He didn't really know how to go about telling the other "I know that the information will hurt you" He didn't want to hurt Saguru, but he trusted and loved him. He knew that the blond would help him heal better if he understood. He nuzzled the crook of Saguru's neck, it was a safe touch "The information really upset Kudo" And he and Shinichi weren't really that close, or at least not as close as he and Saguru were.

Me: This was interesting to write~

Hope you enjoyed~

T~T Berry learned that she lives near a nuclear generator...

She learned due to an emergent alert sent on her phone telling everyone that something went wrong... Which was plausible due to weather...

Then hours later another alert was sent that told us that it was a mistake...

•_• Berry was not impressed