38. Crazy Loony

1042 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own magic Kaito~

My rat is so troublesome... She picked a paint bubble and is now always curiously sniffing the walls for more... I never thought I'd have to worry about paint bubbles when it came to rats...

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 1K Votes~
~7K Views~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written June 25 2019
Posted August 31 2019

"Why are you addressing both Kudo-Kun and Kuroba-Kun as angels?" Megure questioned, the black cloaks that the captured group wore were giving him unpleasant ideas.

'I don't know about Kuroba-Kun, but Kudo-Kun is more like a shinigami than an angel, though only in presence'

Kal smirked, he'd heard about how superstitious division one's inspector was. All he needed to do was play on that superstition, even little whispers could attract the wrong attention towards his angels. "That boy you call Kuroba is an angel, I've seen his wings" Brown eyes gleamed. "They may be black like his name, but he is an angel, Hakuba Saguru could even confirm this fact" Ginzo's brow quirked at the mention of the British detective, the way the two teens had suddenly become so close was confusing.

"You say this nonsense about Kuroba-Kun, but what is your reason for Kudo-Kun's capture? Is he an angel too" Sarcasm laced Megure's voice as he continued "Did you see his wings too?" He scoffed.

'Kudo-Kun's luck is too bad for him to be an angel, angels are blessed, Unfortunately, he is anything but blessed'

Kal shook his head "No, but for someone within the same city to share the same face with an angel. They must be twins of fate, Kudo's angelic form may not have yet been awakened, however he would have still been a valuable sacrifice" Ginzo clenched his teeth at the sick smile on the criminal's face.

*

'The one watching is a hothead and obviously cares for the Kuroba angel... Maybe I could use this to my advantage, it doesn't look good when an officer tries to assault a criminal. It would at the very least draw attention towards those involved'

"So you wanted to sacrifice them because you believed they were angels in disguise?" Megure questioned skeptically, he was used to crazy criminals, however cult like motives weren't something he came across every day.

"Of course, the winged one was especially easy to capture" Kal flashed a smile, his gaze flickering towards Ginzo. "One smack on the head with a metal pipe, and he easily fell down into the pit" Ginzo sucked in a breath, he'd seen the pit's depth. Kaito could have easily died if he'd landed wrong.

'Oh he's taking the bait sooner than expected'

*

'That bastard! He just admitted to being the sole reason why Kaito-Kun is in a coma!'

Eyes narrowed into a fierce glare, Ginzo stood up from his resting spot. "You could have killed Kaito-Kun! What's the point of what you were doing if your precious sacrifices die ahead of time?!?!" The inspector spat, pure fury and venom lacing his voice as he stepped towards the bars. Ginzo hated murder, he didn't have the stomach for it, which was why chasing a nonviolent phantom thief was so appealing.

"Nakamori-Keibu!" Megure shouted in alarm, quickly pulling the inspector away from the bars before things got messy. Ginzo resisted for a few seconds before allowing himself to be placed back against the wall to cool down. Megure gave him a cautious glance before turning back towards the smug criminal.

'Attacking him could lesson his sentence... For Kaito-Kun I need to stay calm'

"Well if one died, we still had the other one" Kal replied, Ginzo clenched his fists.

*

"So Kaito isn't in anymore danger besides his coma?" Aoko inquired once both the eastern and western detectives had left. She glanced at her best friend.

'It's so unlike Bakaito to sleep through important times... He usually pops up somewhere whenever there's danger nearby...'

"That seems to be the case, though I would suggest that we stay vigilant in case one of the criminals escape" Aoko nodded at the blond's suggestion, still awed by Saguru's apparent concern for her best friend. The reason had already been explained to her, yet it still seemed a little weird to her. Weird, but good.

'Hakuba-kun seems so different when Kaito is involved...'

"Aoko, agrees, things get weird whenever Bakaito is involved" She smiled as she remembered how the brunette acted around Akako.

*

"We're not going to get anything else from him" Ginzo growled, it had already been around four hours since they'd captured all of the cultists, yet the leader kept going on and on about both Kaito and shinichi being angels rightfully meant for sacrifice.

'Kaito-Kun isn't an angel, I really wish this idiot would shut up about it! What if his words attract another group of crazy cultists?!?'

Megure let out a tired sigh before nodding in agreement. "Unfortunately, though it would be smart to ask that blond detective some questions" At Ginzo's glare, he quickly amended his words " I'm not accusing him at all, it just seems that he may have some answers to some of the blanks in our information. Kalos Kal did mention him a few times after all"

"You sure as hell better not be accusing him, he's a part of my division" Ginzo growled, he may not really like the teen that much, but that was mainly because he kept accusing Kaito of being Kid.

'Though they did become close unnaturally fast... So maybe SOMETHING happened...'

"I just want to know why he stated that Hakuba-Kun would know about how Kuroba-Kun apparently has wings, just to clear up the reports" Megure soothed, not wanting to ignite the man's legendary temper.

Ginzo crossed his arms with a huff "The loony probably heard Kaito-Kun being called Kuroba and thought he had wings due to his name" He rolled his eyes. "Seriously! Angels are supposed to have white wings, yet the loony says Kaito-Kun is a black winged angel. He should at least get his damn facts straight!" Ginzo let out a breath "Black winged angels are usually portrayed as evil, Kaito-Kun may be a devious little devil at times, but he's not evil! And Kudo-Kun is the apparent 'Shinigami' of division one, the kid wouldn't kill anyone and I sure as hell don't think someone nicknamed after a freaking shinigami could be an actual angel!" Megure nodded in agreement, eyes wide at the long rant and forever grateful they worked in separate divisions.

Me: That's the end of the chappy~ I hope you enjoyed~ Nakamori goes on a rant and poor Megure has to listen to it~

Reason why Berry chose 1K to be word minimum—>

Well it's a nice number that not everyone hits so I don't feel bad because there's always at least one person making super short chappys~

Plus the minimum prevents Berry from skimping out and giving shorter chapters.

It's also not too long so that people don't feel rushed if they're reading it on a diff website where they can't save their places as easily as they can here~