20. Talking About Aoko

1024 Words excluding (A/N) I don't own Magic Kaito~ If I did, it'd have equal priority as detective Conan~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
Yay~ This story is a month old~
20K Word market hit~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

"Kuroba?" Kaito poked his head out from under the blanket at Saguru's words. The blond was standing in the doorway. Saguru had waited an hour before checking up on him.

"I'm trying to sleep" The brunette whined, bundling the blanket around himself even tighter.

'I want to be alone'

The blond rolled his eyes and entered the room. "Kuroba we both know that it's not even close to the time you normally fall asleep, especially with how much rest you've gotten recently" Saguru breathed, crouching down next to the bed.

"I'm actually tired" Kaito sighed, golden irises narrowed as the blond placed his left hand onto Kaito's forehead, frowning at the temperature.

"Your mood really does seem to affect your health, you have a slight fever" The detective closed his eyes, he had hoped that the magician had been faking.

"That sucks, I'll be betrayed by my own emotions despite my acting skills" The brunette grumbled, seeing no point in acting.

'I'll be useless in important situations... How can I take down Snake and the other's if I fall ill right when things get tense?'

"You will be fine, you can practice temporarily switching off your emotions" Saguru suggested softly. "Though only temporarily and in dangerous situations, I wouldn't want you to always block off your emotions" The blond grimaced at the thought of Kaito blocking off all of his emotions. He didn't like that idea at all.

"I would never detach myself from my emotions, people who do that too much eventually become monsters" The brunette replied softly.

'Emotions are what stops many people from harming others, if I didn't care... I could hurt a lot of people...'

"Good, you would be too scary to deal with if you had no emotions" Saguru admitted, he knew just how dangerous the teen could be. Instead of using sleeping gas, he could use poison gas, or swiftly slit throats instead of knocking people out. Kaito could waltz up innocently in a disguise and kill anyone he wanted, or destroy whole corporations and government files with his technical skills. Thankfully the teen was non violent.

"I'll take that as a complement to my skills" The brunette yawned, his wings giving a little twitch as a chill ran through him.

'I need to practice with my wings to stop them from moving unnecessarily while I have them, they give too much away'

"That was how it was intended" Saguru gave a small smile. "Even before I've always had a grudgingly great amount of respect for your talents, despite how I hated how they were put to use"

"I guess since you admitted first, I'll admit that you're not actually a bad detective like I've always said you were" The magician gave a smirk, his head was hurtling a little less.

Saguru rolled his eyes. "I already knew that, you're not the type of person to truly verbally attack others. If you were, I doubt your weird courting rituals would be as effective against Nakamori-san"

'Courting rituals?!'

"You think I like Aoko?!?" The brunette swiftly sat up, his face twisted into one of disgust. "That's like..." He gave a dramatic full body shiver. "That's like incest! She's my little sister!" He hissed in disgust.

The blond blinked, processing the new information. "Siblings do not flip each other's skirts to look at their underwear"

Kaito shook his head. "It's called teasing! Siblings do that all the time" Flashing a smile. He'd once had a crush on Aoko, but it quickly disappeared after he became Kaitou Kid, he didn't want to be with someone who he'd have to continuously lie to.

'It's best to be truthful, lies can cause a lot of pain. It never would have worked out between me and Aoko. Even if she accepted me, she'd have had to lie to her dad'

"Then why did you get angry when I attempted to ask Nakamori-san out that one time?" The blond questioned, remembering how Kaito had intentionally put himself between the two.

"You were the new foreign person who I knew nothing about, I wasn't going to let Aoko go out with someone suspicious" Kaito replied with a smirk. "You expressed interest in her shortly after meeting her, which is very suspicious"

The blond nodded, now seeing Kaito's previous actions in a different light. Kaito was a self appointed protective older brother to Aoko. "Does Nakamori-san know of your intentions towards her?" He queried, remembering how Aoko seemed interested in the magician.

"Why wouldn't she? I insult her all the time" Saguru grimaced.

"Yes, but it's a known thought that boys tend to pick on the girl they have a crush on" Saguru met Kaito's gaze. "Did you explicitly tell her that you see her as a sister?" At the magician's silence the detective let out a sigh. "Kuroba, you may have a high IQ, but you are an idiot. Nakamori-san has a crush on you"

'Ewww me and Ahoko!'

"But she's always trying to maim me! We couldn't possibly be in a proper relationship" Kaito yelped, thinking back on how whenever he did something that she didn't like, she'd chase after him with a mop or just smack him.

Saguru narrowed his eyes in thought, the magician's words were true. He'd seen Aoko hit him when all he'd done was show up late. "That is true, Nakamori-san wouldn't be very good for you as a partner without some anger management help first" Saguru replied, thinking about what would have happened if Kaito had actually pursued her. Kaito would have always defended her against any mentions of abuse since he'd see it as something normal in their relationship.

"She's not that bad" The magician denied.

"Kuroba, now that I think about it, a lot of the times she attacks you, you don't deserve it. Yes you antagonize her a lot, but that doesn't mean it's okay for her to try to physically harm you" Saguru stated, the magician gave a small shrug.

"That's just how she is, don't worry, I'm quick enough to dodge and smart enough not to court her" Kaito smirked.

Me: that's the end of the chappy~ hope you enjoyed~ I couldn't think of a good chapter name....

THIS ISN'T AOKO BASHING STORY

I like foxs~ they're my fav animal~ what's yours?