43. Info

1016 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ and I hope you enjoy this chappy~

Written June 30 2019
Posted September 16 2019

The blond wasn't surprised to see Kaito lounging on his couch when he returned home, though he did wonder how the magician arrived before him.

'I should just refrain from questioning things when it involves Kaito'

"You seem quite comfortable" Saguru stated as he walked over towards the brunette, he had to relay the information Akako had given him.

Indigos snapped towards his general direction, the magician waving his arm lazily. "I am, this couch is really comfy"

"That is very good" The blond replied as he took a seat on one of the chairs "While you were unconscious, Koizumi-San visited"

"Why would Akako visit me? We're not even friends?" The magician's form has tensed at the mention of the red witch.

"She had sensed the awakening of a new magic user, you are apparently a white magic user" Saguru replied, observing the other's reaction, Kaito gave no visible sign of his feelings.

"What does that mean? I usually try my best to avoid real magic so I don't know much" Kaito sighed.

'At least he doesn't seem to be too upset about becoming a magic user'

"We've already seen your magic at work, white magic apparently is focused on healing" Saguru paused before continuing "I believe that your magic is the only reason that both you and Kudo-Kun are still alive, and that the wind affinity of your magic may have also helped prevent the both of you from suffocating" The blond breathed, feeling thankful that his friend's magic awakened at the right time.

Kaito was silent for a few moments before responding "Healing magic... I guess I could learn to like with that, it sounds much better than if I'd gotten black magic instead" The magician grimaced, all the stories he'd heard that involved black magic involved death, or eventual corruption of the user.

"I agree, the concept of white magic suites you, though it is apparently one of the rarest forms of magic. It would be best for you to hide its existence from even other magic users" Saguru smirked, it was very like Kaito to end of with the rarest version of things.

"Is there anything else? You mentioned Kudo being involved? Just how was he involved?" Kaito asked, dreading the answer. Whoever that specific detective was involved with anything, things ended up really weird.

'So Kudo-Kun's Words were True about them being acquainted, otherwise Kaito wouldn't be as calm as he currently is'

"Apparently he got captured because he looked like you, he also saw your wings and swore not to tell anybody about then" Kaito let out a weary sigh at his words, hanging his head in defeat.

"Of course Kudo knows" Kaito whined, covering his face with his hands in exasperation. "Kudo seems to know almost everything!"

Saguru smirked at Kaito's reaction, pleased that it was a more positive one than when he was told about Dr.Kalos. "You don't seem too concerned about Kudo-Kun finding out about your wings"

The magician gave a shrug in response "Kudo is someone that I would completely trust to keep my wings a secret" He paused, a wry smile on his lips "He knows how secrets can both get others killed, or save lives. My secret could get me killed if it's found out by the wrong people, therefore Kudo will keep the secret safe" The detective gave the brunette a curious look.

"I'm astounded by the level of trust that exists between the two of you" Saguru admitted.

"It's just that we understand each other on a certain level that I can't explain to you, his secrets are his own" Kaito yawned, curling up onto the couch.

'I suppose it's only natural that secrets are important to someone who moonlights as an international jewel thief'

"Then why didn't you go to him for help when you grew wings?" Saguru asked, curious as to why the other didn't seek out a guaranteed ally.

"I wasn't thinking straight, he didn't even cross my mind" He gave another yawn "Though I'm glad I didn't, Kudo already has enough shit to deal with" He paused, grimacing "And I'm scared of his scientist friend, she'd want to run so many tests on me and Kudo would be too scared of her to save me" Saguru raised a brow at the new information.

"I'm sure that Kudo wouldn't let anything really bad happen would he?" The blond figured that the eastern detective wouldn't condone inhumane tests.

'Kudo-Kun values life too much for that'

"Meh, the creepy scientist still creeps me out, I think she even likes me a bit" Kaito shivered "I don't want any extra attention from someone who could probably swap my hands or fingers in my sleep"

The detective blinked, horrified at the implications "I understand your fears"

*

"So Kudo, isn't it funny that tha Kaitou Kid could be mistaken for ya twin brother?" Heiji teased as they exited a coffee shop, thankfully only one murder had occurred and it had been swiftly solved by the two detectives.

Shinichi gave his friend a flat look, unimpressed. "Our fathers were twins, thus we are cousins that are biologically similar enough to be half brothers" He smirked at the Osakan's shocked look "So no, I don't think that it's weird that we look so similar" He finished, savouring the complete disbelief.

'It's nice to get back at Hattori, he's always appearing without warning at inconvenient times'

"Yer serious?!?!" The detective of the west gasped, green eyes wide with shock. At Shinichi's confirming nod, Heiji let out a disbelieving chuckle. "Why is yer life so messed up?" Shinichi ignored the comment, instead focused on savouring the strong bite of his black coffee.

'I'll check up on Kuroba in a few days'

"By the way Hattori, where's your girlfriend?" Heiji stopped dead in his tracks, frozen for a few moments before letting out a string of curses. "Dammit! I knew I forgot something!" He hissed, whipping out his cellphone. Shinichi  took another sip of his coffee, glancing over the cup at his friend in amusement.

Me: That's zee end of the chappy~ I really liked writing that bit at the end~

Berry has anxiety whenever she plays underwater levels/areas in video games...It's all sonic the hedgehog's fault •_• That drowning music is horrific