21. Friendship

1011 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

The blond frowned at Kaito's words, feeling grateful that at least the brunette wasn't going to pursue Aoko. "Kuroba, you're not always going to be fast enough, didn't Nakamori-san actually get you with her mop the day of the heist?"

'He hadn't even been faking the impact, Kuroba had actually been caught off guard'

"Ah that was my fault, I should have been paying better attention" Kaito laughed, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. His wings ruffling slightly.

"You should not have to always be on guard for an attack" The blond stressed, always being on guard was bound to both tire and stress out anyone, stress was bad for Kaito.

"No I actually need to pay more attention..." The magician looked away. "My right eye is actually fake so I need to pay more attention, I have a smaller field of vision than most people..."

'His eye is fake?!'

Horror filtered through the blond as he hopped onto the bed, grabbing Kaito's face to turn it towards him as he leaned in to examine the eye, ignoring the startled squawk from the boy below him. As he stared into startled indigos, he noticed the faintest of unnatural gleams in the right eye. "What happened..." Saguru whispered, releasing his hold and leaning back from the magician.

'I never once noticed he was half blind...'

"I got shot in the eye by Scorpion during the egg heist" Kaito paused scratching his cheek. "Well actually my monocle was shot, some of the glass got in my eye and since I didn't get proper medical help right away I had to remove it or the infection would have killed me"

"Why didn't you get proper medical help right away?!" The blond couldn't believe the stupidity of the other, he'd heard that he'd been shot, however Kaito had shown up seemingly completely fine afterwards.

'I never noticed that he had been injured... He must have been in a lot of pain'

The magician gave Saguru's left shoulder a comforting pat. "I needed to make sure Scorpion got caught and the egg ended up with its rightful owner" He flashed a cheeky grin. "It's fine, it rarely ever hurts, and it was really fun designing an eye that reacted to both nerve impulses and outside stimulus"

Saguru raised his right hand and touched under Kaito's right eye, he could feel realistic fake skin, most likely covering his scars. "By your words, that means it does occasionally hurt" He lifted away his hand away.

"Only occasional phantom pains, I've had worse" Kaito shrugged, he wasn't sensitive about his eye, the only reason he hadn't faked an accident to explain it was due to him not wanting to worry Aoko or his mother.

"Kuroba, I don't understand how you can shrug this off. You lost an eye" Saguru knew that if he himself lost an eye, he'd be terribly upset whenever it was brought up.

'He must have had difficulty gauging distance, but I never noticed any...'

"There are worse things than losing an eye" Kaito grimaced as he imagined his greatest fear.

Saguru raised a skeptical brow. "Besides death and other loss of limbs, pray tell me what you would consider worse"

The brunette shivered, wrapping his wings protectively around himself. "Fi—" His voice caught in his throat, he shook his head. "I have ichthyophobia" The brunette admitted softly. "It's stupid, and since I'm more scared of them than anything. Everything else seems so small in comparison"

'He has Ichthyophobia? I never would have imagined Kuroba to have such a fear'

"It's not stupid Kuroba, phobias are serious and real" The detective stated, he had once read about phobias and the impact they could have on people for a case.

Kaito let out a bitter laugh. "Aoko makes fun of me, she chases me with them" He felt a whole body shiver run through his frame. "I didn't even tell her, my mom told her so that Aoko could have payback. My mom wouldn't do that if it was serious..." Saguru closed his eyes, silently cursing both females, he couldn't believe that Aoko who apparently was crushing on Kaito would do that to him. He was suddenly glad that Kuroba Chikage was rarely around Kaito.

'It's hard to believe that the two people who should be closest to Kuroba are actually really bad for him'

"You're wrong, what Nakamori-san has been doing to you regarding your phobia is completely uncalled for" Saguru replied, scooting a little closer to the other. "And by what your mother has done by telling Nakamori-san, and not telling her how serious it is, that is also unforgivable Kuroba" The blond added softly, he'd seen someone with a phobia of heights burn to death because they refused to jump out of a window to safety. "Phobias are serious, not stupid"

'I've got to talk to Nakamori-keibu about his daughter, she's been unintentionally hurting Kuroba. I am sure he'll be able to get her to realize the seriousness of her actions'

"You're not lying..." Kaito whispered in shock after reading the blond. He had fully expected the other to laugh and make fun of him like everyone else who found out.

"You're right, I'm completely serious, I will not make fun of you for having a phobia" The blond gave him a warm smile before leaning in to give Kaito a hug, not bothering to comment on the tears falling down the magician's face.

"It's funny" Kaito started, his voice slightly wet. "A few days ago you were a nosey bastard, and now you're actually seeming like someone I'd try to be friends with if it wouldn't have endangered them" The winged boy leaned into the blond's hug, returning it with a sob.

"Then we are now friends" The blond replied softly, he had never imagined the amount of hurt that had been hidden under the magician's poker face.

"Then I'll call you Saguru, and you can call me Kaito" The brunette replied, his words muffled by the blond' shoulder.

Me: they are now officially friends~ now let's see if that friendship maybe builds into something more~~ hope you enjoyed~~
What is your fave Magic Kaito/detective Conan ship? Mine is Kaishin~

☆彡☆彡☆彡
Oh and do you guys know any awesome Suicidal Kaito, depressed Kaito, or Self harm Kaito fanfics?
☆彡☆彡☆彡

I'm that messed up person who likes to see those I care about suffer ^~^