98. Healing

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own MK/DC~

This book is over 100K Words

352 Pages... The length of a normal book... Berry is so happy

Written January 23 2020
Posted February 15 2020

Read end notes for Schedule Update

Next part of this is just interesting facts about this book

Kaito paused in his examination of the gate to meet Saguru's eyes "I went out for you" He breathed "So do this for me?" He really wouldn't force the other if he truly didn't want to, but he still wanted Saguru to follow him.

"Baaya..." His voice was soft as he gazed at the graveyard through the metal bars. He hadn't had the guts to visit her while Kaito had been captured, nor had he had the strength afterwards. He swallowed, tears misting his eyes "I want to but I..."

'I should have visited months ago... But I was too scared...'

The magician tightened his hold on Saguru's hand "I'm with you"

Saguru nodded "Alright" He wasn't alone.

Kaito helped boost the blond over the fence before leaping over it himself with ease, they hadn't used the gates since they'd been closed. Visitors weren't supposed to come after dark, the rule had been implemented after too many teens doing tests of courage in the graveyard.

This time Kaito led him with a bit more confidence than before, he had to be the strong one this time. God knows that Saguru had been there enough times for him already, now it was his turn to be there for him "It's really pretty here at night" Kaito breathed, the moon's light reflecting off of the headstones was quite a sight. He didn't really understand why people thought of all graveyards as creepy at night, this one at least was nice.

The blond glanced around before nodding "I agre-" Saguru choked, eyes going wide when his gaze rested upon Baaya's grave. Watson, his beloved hawk, was perched on the stone, surrounded by doves "Watson?!"

'I thought that he'd...'

*

Kaito let out a dark laugh as he watched the blond run towards his beloved bird, so this was why his doves hadn't returned? They'd been hanging out with Watson? "I didn't plan this" His eyes glowed as he was rushed by a flurry of doves, but that didn't mean that he wasn't happy about the outcome.

'Why didn't they return? I know that they're smarter than most birds, but still...'

"I wonder if they were watching over Baaya?" Saguru inquired softly as he turned towards Kaito. It was a nice thought, that she hadn't waited alone.

The magician gave a small shrug, feeling a lot better now that he had his doves back "Possibly" He gave Tsuki a few good scratches, the young dove had grown up beautifully despite having not been trained fully, indigo met gold "It would explain why Watson hasn't eaten any of my doves" The predatory bird was getting along surprisingly well with his doves.

'It was kinda lonely without them'

Gold softened before the blond crouched near the grave "I'm sorry for not coming sooner Baaya" His tone was soft "I was too scared" He lowered his head, he should have come sooner! It was the least he could have done for the person that raised him. He'd tried to come, but he'd always backed out. He almost jumped when he felt arms wrap around him.

"Saguru saved me from the bad guys" She could rest easy now without guilt, he didn't blame her and never would "We'll take care of each other from now on, so you don't have to worry about us" Kaito breathed, his own eyes watering like Saguru's surely were. He hadn't even known her long yet it still hurt. He hugged Saguru tighter, knowing that the blond was hurting a lot more than he was.

'You were an amazing person Baaya, I'm glad that Saguru had you to raise him. You did a good job'

"I'll never forget you" Saguru breathed, wiping away his tears. There was no way that he could possibly forget her. She'd done so much for him.

"Hey Saguru?" Kaito's tone was odd. He couldn't really place it.

Saguru turned towards him "Ye-mf!" His question was swiftly cut off by the magician's lips on his own. His thoughts short circuited for a moment before he puled away, a deep blush covering his face "K-Kaito?!" He spluttered, unable to think up more complicated statements. They'd never kissed on the lips before, it had always been on the cheek or hand.

Indigos glimmered with mischief, the same deep red covered Kaito's face as well "I figured that Baaya would be thrilled if we kissed" He replied, pleased that he hadn't stuttered. He'd been wanting to kiss Saguru on the lips for a while now.

'I actually kissed him! And he looks so cute all flustered and confused...'

The blond buried his face in his hands, mortified. He'd liked the kiss, but did Kaito really have to say that?! He knew all too well that Baaya would have been pleased, she also would have teased him to no end "I hate you" He sighed, ears still red.

A wide grin spread across Kaito's face "I love you too" He laughed, trapping the other in another hug "It's your turn to kiss me now" Saguru flushed, Kaito's breath had tickled.

*

When Saguru awoke, he was distinctly aware of how warm he was. When gold opened he almost cursed, he'd fallen asleep hugging Kaito. Now the magician was nestled in his arms, face leaning against his chest. The problem wasn't that he was hugging Kaito, he loved hugging the magician, the problem was that he'd most likely wake the other up if he tried to escape. Kaito still didn't like to be touched while he was asleep.

'I don't want to make him feel guilty due to him hitting me...'

He froze when he felt the other move, nestling more against his chest "Go back to sleep Saguru..." Kaito's words were slurred from drowsiness.

Gold widened, all traces of sleep leaving him "You're awake" He breathed, almost not believing it. It was too good to be true.

'Last time we woke up like this he hit me...'

Indigos opened a bit, a sleepy smile on his face "You make me feel safe" Indigos closed as Kaito nuzzled him before drifting back into sleep.

Saguru's eyes watered as he embraced the other more tightly, but not enough to wake Kaito back up. Kaito really was healing, and he couldn't be more glad.

Me: QAQ I didn't manage to get to chappy 100.... Though if I did awkward cuts I would have since this is over 100K words long... so that's something

I started in late May 2019 and ended on January 23 2020 so 6 months of writing~

I seriously hope that you guys enjoyed reading this, I know that I really enjoyed both writing this, and all your comments~

Berry writes for zee comments ^~^

~~NEW SCHEDULE~~

To Understand You: Saturday/Monday

Kaito Oneshots: Whenever like normal

Were-Kaito: Thursday
Prologue will be out after this, first chappy on February 20 (first Thursday after this)

Were-Kaito: ThursdayPrologue will be out after this, first chappy on February 20 (first Thursday after this)

Kaito is so fluffy >^<.... this story is silly and a lot lighter than my others XD