The Final Goodbye

~Chapter 40~

Never in a million years did I ever think that I would lose someone so close to me in a matter of a few months. The pain in my heart is like no other pain I have ever felt before but even through this dark time in my life I'm going to try my hardest to stay positive it's somthing my dad did the whole time he was sick. Friends from out of town flew in late last night to support the family and pay their respects to our dad.

Ethan, Grayson, Cameron and Emma came over to Maryland too. They arrived this morning and are now at the property parking their car. Putting my shoes on I go outside and go over to them not expecting them. As they see me they come over and hug me one by one.

Hey guys I didn't know you were coming. I say.

We thought we would come and support you and your family since you were all always there for ours. Cameron says.

It means a lot to us thanks guys. I say.

Where always here. Emma says.

I lead them into the house and let them get ready in the bathrooms. I get changed into a black dress and then put some accessories on like rings and necklaces etc. After a couple of minutes I take a deep breath and open the bedroom door, walking up the stairs and up to the living room where everyone was waiting.

The guys were all dressed in suits looking smart and the girls were dressed in either short or long dresses looking beautiful as always. As we leave and say goodbye to the others that weren't coming I couldn't stop thinking about my speech.

~A few hours later~

I stand up at the front of the church and take the microphone in my hand. I start to speak and every emotion you could ever experience all flowed out at once.

I never thought I could ever have a strong enough bond with my dad then I did over the last few months I got to spend with him. It was rocky at the start but he showed me he loved my whole family and i more then anything and he loved all the pepole I had close to me. He was more then a father he was a friend, a brother, a son and a husband. Without him and my mum I wouldn't have what I have today. My greatest blessing was having him as my dad and every moment of every day and hour I will cherish forever. Words can never explain how much I will miss one of the most important pepole in my life. I love you dad and I always have. I say my speech and nod to the guy playing the piano.

I see everyone look at me with surprised looks as I wipe my tears and hold the microphone in my hand.

This is for you dad. I say looking up and starting to sing. I sing a song that I wrote a couple days ago in honour of my dad... I guess today was the best day for me to sing it. I finish the song and go back to my seat next to Dari and the twins.

That was an amazing song Zoe he would of loved it. Ethan says.

Thanks E. I say.

~Steve's Pov~

I walk up to the front of the church since I am the last one to speak out of my family and before the funeral ends.

This man was only part of the reason I'm alive and have to blessing I have today. During the last couple of months I had with him he showed me his strength and determination. He fought till he could not fight anymore but the one thing I admired the most about my dad was his hope. He had hope to get to the light in the darkest times and that is somthing I will try to be my very best at. Rest in paradise Dad you will always be missed and loved. I say.

I go back to my seat and Cyrus gives me a reassuring tap on the shoulder. The funeral goes on for a couple more minutes. We leave and say goodbye to all of our family before heading out for some food with the squad. Many hours later Zoe, Dari, Cyrus and I all head home while the twins Ethan, Grayson and the girls Emma and Cameron head to their hotel for the night.

We get home and the house is quiet so I think everyone is just gone to sleep. We all go and get ready for bed and soon I fall asleep thinking of what I said earlier today.

~End of Pov~

I wipe off my make-up, and then I go to bed. Even though I'm going through a dark time I know I'm going to see the light soon.