Temporary Home

~Chapter 51~

Waking up I move so I'm sitting up on the couch. I rember I'm at the hospital waiting for Zoey to wake up. As I get up and stretch I hear Zoey making noises out of pain. I call a doctor and they come in to check that Zoey is okay. I see Marcus wake up and stand next to the bed fixing his hair.

She's waking up but with a lot of care and rest Zoey will be ok. I'll come back in a few hours to see how she is before I let her go home. The doctor says.

Alright thankyou. I say sitting on a chair next to Zoey's bed. 

~End of Steve's Pov~

I slowly open my eyes as I'm meet with a bright white light. I squint at the light and open my eyes fully once they are adjusted to the light. I move my head to the side and see Marcus standing at the end of the bed and Steve sitting down looking off into the distance. I mumble a hello and both of their heads shoot up to look at me as they see me awake.

Hey how are you feeling?. Steve asks.

My ribs and chest are sore but other than that I'm feeling alright. I say.

I'm glad your going to be alright Zoe. Marcus says.

As I carefully sit up in the bed Cyrus and Christina come in and stand at the end of the bed next to Marcus. They said that I could take their old place for now. I try to say I can stay at a hotel but they insist I stay at their old place while I recover and get back on my feet.

What happened to everything?. I ask.

Everything was burnt in the fire but the things I took and what was in your car is back at my house with your car. Marcus drove the car back. Steve says.

At least that's somthing. Thanks guys. I say.

Everything will be alright Zoe sure it's a setback but we know you'll come back from it. Cyrus says.

You'll be a lot safer around us to and we'll take care of you until your healed. Marcus says.

Whatever you need just call. Christina says.

Your all amazing thankyou for everything. I say.

Many hours later around lunch time the doctor comes in and checks on me and tells me I can go home... My temporary home that is. I get up with the help of Cyrus and Marcus but having broken, bruised ribs hurts a lot even if I'm on pain medication. They help me walk to reception and I sign the discharge papers and walk out. Once at the car I sit in the front with a lot of pain as Marcus sits in the back and Christina and Cyrus get into their car togetter.

We drive out of the parking lot and head home. Driving onto the highway, past the tall trees and lakes we get back to the Dobres house and Steve parks the car next to Cyrus and Christinas old house. Marcus helps me up and out of the car as I hold my arm around my ribs for support. Maddy and Darius come out of the main house and walk over to the other house each giving me a gentle hug.

Everything you need is set up inside so you can go and rest. Steve says.

We go inside of the house and I'm greeted by flowers in vases and get well soon cards. I smile and sit on the lounge carefully. The others sit next to me and we talk and watch movies for the rest of the day. Someone that is hurt or in pain automatically gets frustrated because of the pain and I know the others knew I was in pain because I was not acting like myself.

As time goes on and it starts to get dark I'm left in the house with Darius and Maddy. I've eaten and now I've taken my medicine. Maddy told me that she informed Ben on what happened since he drove by my house and saw it was all ashes basically and that he's parking his car in the driveway as we speak.

Maddy let's him in and Darius helps me up while he comes over. He gives me a gentle hug and kisses my cheek. Maddy and Darius leave back to the main house and Ben stays on the couch in case I need anything. I go to the room and do my night routine before saying goodnight to bed and carefully laying down in the big bed. I make a strange face out of pain as I get comfortable on the bed and soon drift off to what seems like a peaceful sleep.