Chasing Cars.

Jailyn~

Drawing circles aimlessly across Christian's bare chest, I lay on him as we rest in bed together. His arm is trapped on my side as he rubs his hand up and down gently, barely touching my back. Both of us are more than content with one another company that no words need to be said. It's like that one song, if I lay here if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world. Smiling a little, I realize just how easy it is to forget the world with him.

"What are you thinking about?" Christian asks.

"Just how content I am right now, and the song Chasing Cars."

"We'll do it all," Christian sings out loudly, making me laugh, "Anything."

Shaking my head, I giggle a little correcting him, "It was more of a, 'If I lay here if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world." My loud and obnoxious response to his is a probably failed attempt at mimicking the lead singer of Snow Patrol. Christian just laughs as he hugs me slightly before we both calm down again.

"I love you."

Smiling up at the boy who I'm sharing a bed with, I can't help my butterflies over the simple three words as I reply, "I love you." Christian leans into me, kissing me gently before pulling back and giving me a second quick kiss.

"As much as I want to forget the world with you," He says, "I've gotta get heading to the park."

"I know," I whisper back, waiting for him to kiss me again. When he does, I add, "When your off-season comes around, we'll have plenty of time to forget the world."

"Good," he replies, a small smile on his face before he kisses me again, "We should get up. Otherwise, I'll have to keep kissing you. As much as I'd like to, it'd be a weird one to have to explain when I'm late."

"I suppose," I reply with a huff, about to get up before looking at him again, anticipating another kiss. When he obliges, I get up and start getting dressed. Christian get's up too and heads for the bathroom right away, making sure he gets to pinch my ass on the way in to shower. I'd never thought of myself of having Physical Touch as one of my main love languages, but something about Christian pulls me in like a magnet. I've always known about my quality time trait, but the physical touch is a newer, welcomed addition. 

"How's Ryan doing?" I ask Larissa.

"He's okay," She nods, brushing the hair on Carter's head gently with her fingers, "He was pretty bummed after Thursday's game, but he's okay. How was Christian?" 

Shrugging a little, I look out to left field where he's playing. "You mean when he was speaking to me again?" I ask, making her laugh.

"What do you mean by that?" 

"He was pretty upset after the game," I relay, "I'd left him a voicemail in like the eighth inning, nothing important, just more or less updating him on what I'd had going on, then I didn't hear back from him for probably six or seven hours after the game." 

"Seriously?" She asks, obviously surprised that was the case. "You should've called me. I would've smacked some sense into that boy." 

Laughing, I shake my head, "Nah, it's okay. He apologized and explained that he was upset and he didn't want to take it out on me on accident or something."

"I guess that makes sense. He could've at least texted you, though." 

"Yeah, I told him that," I reply, chuckling, "I can't say I blame him, though, that last at-bat was brutal."